2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah it needn't be a big drama but for the time being after his offer being on the table for a good amount of time I'd deem it to be rejected, and if he wants to come back to the table he can. Wouldn't make any big gesture like dropping him from the squad or anything, in fact we'd possibly get more out of him if he's playing to earn his next big deal, wherever that may be.
not sure he wants to go based on the way he's played in pre season

It’s funny because Doms goal drought directly correlated with us not winning a game for like 3 of those months, so his “system” was also failing despite the grafting. But they are who they are. Dyche is a stubborn old style football man and Dom is an athletic non clinical striker. Not expecting any of that to change.
Yes.

I guess the only point I’m making is that all these tough guy fan ultimatums about dropping him if he won’t leave and won’t sign a new deal are just fantasies.

Yes.

I guess the only point I’m making is that all these tough guy fan ultimatums about dropping him if he won’t leave and won’t sign a new deal are just fantasies.
Obviously, but I think the support has a fair right to feel aggrieved watching him walk away at the end of a very well paid contract which has seen him struggle to justify being one of our highest earners.

I definitely feel like he owes us a new contract on the back of the return he delivered over this current one. If he doesn't feel the same way then I can't blame anyone who wants to wash their hands of him.

Obviously, but I think the support has a fair right to feel aggrieved watching him walk away at the end of a very well paid contract which has seen him struggle to justify being one of our highest earners.

I definitely feel like he owes us a new contract on the back of the return he delivered over this current one. If he doesn't feel the same way then I can't blame anyone who wants to wash their hands of him.
Individual fans can feel however they want, and express whatever opinion they want.

But it won’t change the fact that Dyche will play him while he’s an Everton player performing on the pitch to his satisfaction.

Individual fans can feel however they want, and express whatever opinion they want.

But it won’t change the fact that Dyche will play him while he’s an Everton player performing on the pitch to his satisfaction.

Depends how long term he is thinking.

If he wants to get ahead of that change and reduce its impact then the time to start bringing him out of the team is soon.

If he doesn't trust his other options Dom will play out of necessity, but it would be wise to start planning for him not being here now.

I don't expect O'Brien to walk into Branthwaite's spot but I would like to see him given a few opportunities considering he's likely off next year and it would be good to expose his replacement early.

I don’t have an issue with the lad placing his own value on what he thinks he is worth. I don’t apply for a job if it’s going to pay less than what I think my market experience and skills bring. It’s just business, whether DCL or others, make offer, if it’s your best offer going into final year, withdraw it if there is no intention to improve the offer further.

We have 10 contracts expiring in July 2025, 12 if you include the 2 Loans, yet this appears to be the only thread in which people are very angry at the player for entering his last year, which is odd, considering most of you cant stand him.

Crazy really.

I think thats due to he's the only one thats world class.

We have 10 contracts expiring in July 2025, 12 if you include the 2 Loans, yet this appears to be the only thread in which people are very angry at the player for entering his last year, which is odd, considering most of you cant stand him.

Crazy really.
Is it perhaps because he’s the only one to have been offered a new contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back