2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve said it before. Tell his agent to find him a club, sign a new contract or he’s out of the 1st team picture. There is no point playing him as he doesn’t appear that bothered during a match.
I believe his body language was appalling last night after what my boys told me after attending.
The only reason he'll be taken out of the first team is if Dyche thinks he's not performing. His contract status won't come into it.

I’ve said it before. Tell his agent to find him a club, sign a new contract or he’s out of the 1st team picture. There is no point playing him as he doesn’t appear that bothered during a match.
I believe his body language was appalling last night after what my boys told me after attending.

…. we use him like any other player. If he earns his place then he plays. Bit daft if he’s our best option, we’re paying him a salary and yet choose not to play him.

our Bosman's have mostly sat on their arse for 5 years on 100k a week or played for several clubs over the 5 years with us picking up a major slice of there wages , we have to cut the circle at sometime we need money which ever way we can , how much do we lose in wages and transfers alone if we let DCL, Holgate and Keane walk and you can argue that they may or not contribute through the year
I think the club should pay Holgate to walk......

I'd give him an ultimatum to sign or go on the transfer list
If there's an ultimatum it should probably be sign or we rescind the offer. Because right now no one seems to be offering him better options and there's no guarantee they will next summer so he should be thinking long and hard about turning his nose up at our offer.

Renewing his contract shouldn't be automatic from our perspective anyway, over 4 or 5 years with wages, a signing on fee and bonuses we could be looking at a 25-30m commitment to him. What value has be provided to justify that? What it his availability likely to be going forward? Do we want to keep a player who isn't wildly enthusiastic about being here?

The argument that we have to renew his contract is to preserve his value but what is his value? He's on the market and no one is biting, he has a number of downsides including his injury history, would we be committing a huge amount of money to preserve the value of a player whose value actually isn't all that high?

For me selling is clearly the best option if we find a buyer, but I'm not sure renewing him is actually better than letting his contract expire, maybe we'd miss out on a fee but maybe we'd swerve another Keane / Holgate scenario, committing to a massive contract for an underperforming player.

I'd rather see him next season playing for his future than begrudgingly accepting a fat contract that leaves him with little motivation to perform.

TBF I think it is time we said farewll to Dom. I have always been positive about him but it really seems he wants to go now and the only issue is our valuation. Make that valuation negotiable and see what gets offered. I think its time.
Best not to wait until deadline day when we cant get anyone else in.

TBF I think it is time we said farewll to Dom. I have always been positive about him but it really seems he wants to go now and the only issue is our valuation. Make that valuation negotiable and see what gets offered. I think its time.
Best not to wait until deadline day when we cant get anyone else in.

Nobody wants him.

If there's an ultimatum it should probably be sign or we rescind the offer. Because right now no one seems to be offering him better options and there's no guarantee they will next summer so he should be thinking long and hard about turning his nose up at our offer.

Renewing his contract shouldn't be automatic from our perspective anyway, over 4 or 5 years with wages, a signing on fee and bonuses we could be looking at a 25-30m commitment to him. What value has be provided to justify that? What it his availability likely to be going forward? Do we want to keep a player who isn't wildly enthusiastic about being here?

The argument that we have to renew his contract is to preserve his value but what is his value? He's on the market and no one is biting, he has a number of downsides including his injury history, would we be committing a huge amount of money to preserve the value of a player whose value actually isn't all that high?

For me selling is clearly the best option if we find a buyer, but I'm not sure renewing him is actually better than letting his contract expire, maybe we'd miss out on a fee but maybe we'd swerve another Keane / Holgate scenario, committing to a massive contract for an underperforming player.

I'd rather see him next season playing for his future than begrudgingly accepting a fat contract that leaves him with little motivation to perform.
I very much wanted him to sign a new contract so we we could retain him and build around him.

But do you know now I think I'd prefer it if we withdrew the contract and dis whatever it took to move him on straight away.

I very much wanted him to sign a new contract so we we could retain him and build around him.

But do you know now I think I'd prefer it if we withdrew the contract and dis whatever it took to move him on straight away.
Is that cos he didn't pull his tripe out in preseason?

Not a dig, just wondering why the change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back