2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh but you're forgetting that Dom is never to blame for anything ever.

If he doesn't score, it's because he doesn't get service.

If he doesn't look arsed, it's because the managers tactics are making him depressed and frustrated chasing hoofs.

If he doesn't score a one on one, it's because he needs the ball played onto his head.

If he heads it over, it's because he only gets one chance a match.

Rinse and repeat.

If nobody is bidding for him, it's because we are asking too much.
Or he wants big wages.

I imagine there isn't an actual list entitled "Players to sell."
its has been quoted many times that players has asked to be put on the transfer list ?, there must be lists of players available that clubs want to sell with the estimated asking price surly and before any one comes back with and don't call me Shirly :)

Ahhh but you're forgetting that Dom is never to blame for anything ever.

If he doesn't score, it's because he doesn't get service.

If he doesn't look arsed, it's because the managers tactics are making him depressed and frustrated chasing hoofs.

If he doesn't score a one on one, it's because he needs the ball played onto his head.

If he heads it over, it's because he only gets one chance a match.

Rinse and repeat.

If nobody is bidding for him, it's because we are asking too
Not having his own song is my personal favourite

Agreed that the players have the power but we somehow need to grow a set we've been screwed that many times over the last 5 years with geting Zilch back on players and we wonder why we are in the position we are

….i’m sure folk don’t complain when we acquire players free on a Bosman.

I remember when it first came in and some managers froze players out who were running down their contracts but there was no winners in that situation. If DCL is still here at the end of the window & refuses to sign a new contract he should be utilised the same as every other player.

its has been quoted many times that players has asked to be put on the transfer list ?, there must be lists of players available that clubs want to sell with the estimated asking price surly and before any one comes back with and don't call me Shirly :)
I just mean Thelwell isn't looking at a sheet of A4 every morning headed "Everton's Transfer List." Every single player has a price, if a bid comes in that hits that threshold, off they toddle.

….i’m sure folk don’t complain when we acquire players free on a Bosman.

I remember when it first came in and some managers froze players out who were running down their contracts but there was no winners in that situation. If DCL is still here at the end of the window & refuses to sign a new contract he should be utilised the same as every other player.
our Bosman's have mostly sat on their arse for 5 years on 100k a week or played for several clubs over the 5 years with us picking up a major slice of there wages , we have to cut the circle at sometime we need money which ever way we can , how much do we lose in wages and transfers alone if we let DCL, Holgate and Keane walk and you can argue that they may or not contribute through the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back