2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd look to move him.on even if he wanted a new contract, he's not worth 100k plus per week, he's got a lousy scoring record, and if I was a betting man I'd ksy a large amount on him breaking down and last year we just got very very lucky he didn't

Carlo not fancy having a dabble?
To be fair Joselu made 49 appearances for Madrid last season.

There's a role to be played at these huge clubs for that 'plan b' Centre forward, Choupo-Motang has made a career out of it.
Its not really done to much in this country and when it has its not really worked (Weighorst at United or whoever Kane's backup at Spurs has been over the years)
But i think he would be a great option as a plan b for Arsenal

Not sure why anyone expected him to become a good finisher. He never has been one. Unfortunately he’s still the best option to start the season. This year will be no different than that last two. We’ll be grinding our results while being overly reliant on our center backs and set pieces.

I just don't see it as this massively urgent decision.

Unless the fee is 25+ it's not a slam dunk that he moves on.

He's still the best player at his position in the club, we haven't improved in that area.

If he wants to play out his contract, let him. He won't down tools during the season, that would massively impact his next contract.

The preseason is literally meaningless. He shouldn't be giving a full effort, most of the established players shouldn't.
He may down tools late in the season if hes looking for the last big pay day and doesnt want to break down again, if he has no intention of signing get rid , reduce the asking price but get something back for him, the crowd will turn on him especially if they see efforts like last week going begging .

He may down tools late in the season if hes looking for the last big pay day and doesnt want to break down again, if he has no intention of signing get rid , reduce the asking price but get something back for him, the crowd will turn on him especially if they see efforts like last week going begging .
this

some people are thinking it's ok if he doesnt sign a new deal and goes on a free.

it's absolutely not ok, he wouldnt be allowed to step foot in goodison again if that was his plan.

….reducing the fee means nothing unless the player agrees to leave. I doubt this has much to do with the asking fee.

this

some people are thinking it's ok if he doesnt sign a new deal and goes on a free.

it's absolutely not ok, he wouldnt be allowed to step foot in goodison again if that was his plan.
We have to do something different its the same will Holgate and Keane id rather take 25-30 million for the 3 of them than just let them walk for nothing

Have there been any solid rumours about clubs being in for him in the last week?

It seems to have gone quiet and he is starting games so it may be a decision has been made...

….reducing the fee means nothing unless the player agrees to leave. I doubt this has much to do with the asking fee.
Agreed that the players have the power but we somehow need to grow a set we've been screwed that many times over the last 5 years with geting Zilch back on players and we wonder why we are in the position we are

I'd look to move him.on even if he wanted a new contract, he's not worth 100k plus per week, he's got a lousy scoring record, and if I was a betting man I'd ksy a large amount on him breaking down and last year we just got very very lucky he didn't
Yeah I said last night I’d be thinking about taking the offer off the table come August. Having it in his back pocket has given him a nice comfortable fallback to shop around for better and I think that’s hurting not helping.

If he’s keen to revisit then start talking but when we’re offering him money his recent record doesn’t really merit you don’t want him looking down his nose at it. As you say, this contract offer is a big risk on our part.

which is why he may run down his contract. He's got a better chance getting the wage he wants if there's no transfer fee involved.
sort it out once and for all , he stays he signs he doesnt want to stay offer him out at 15m by all accounts plenty of clubs are looking for a striker , they pay the 15 now give him his reported 160k a week and get him 12 months earlier and at least we get something back

Ahhh but you're forgetting that Dom is never to blame for anything ever.

If he doesn't score, it's because he doesn't get service.

If he doesn't look arsed, it's because the managers tactics are making him depressed and frustrated chasing hoofs.

If he doesn't score a one on one, it's because he needs the ball played onto his head.

If he heads it over, it's because he only gets one chance a match.

Rinse and repeat.

If nobody is bidding for him, it's because we are asking too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back