2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

That's sorta what I mean, he isn't getting any better or worse. Yet there are 20 more pages to this thread after another meaningless friendly.
I've generally been on his side throughout his injuries and goal drought, and think he's often been given an unnecessarily hard time by some fans.

It has been different this pre-season though. His finishing has always been erratic (putting it kindly) but his value to the team came from his hard work, running and ability to occupy opposition defenders and create space for our other forwards. These last few games he hasn't looked remotely bothered, really playing like he doesn't want to be here at all.

We need to move him on ASAP but is going to be difficult when he knows he will get a better wage and most likely a move to a better side if he stays and allows his contract to run out.

That's sorta what I mean, he isn't getting any better or worse. Yet there are 20 more pages to this thread after another meaningless friendly.
You are right that his performance in these friendlies, in isolation, doesn’t mean all that much, but his contract / transfer situation is one of the most urgent and defining things to be resolved in this transfer window and most of the discussion is understandably about that.

How, pal?
because he went from scoring 13, 15, then 5, 2, 7

so he's worse now than he was 3/4 years ago???

and showing no signs of getting better because he can't stay fit for long periods, and when he does he's capable of going 20 TWENTY games without a goal

Body language can tell alot, and his is atrocious since the new year, the thing is we need him as Beto is absolutely useless and Chermiti is still raw. Unless we have a striker lined up and ready to go then DCL needs to stay.

I certainly would be looking to sell him giving his contract situation and wages he clearly wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back