2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think if he's after the levels of cash he's been reported as being after then he's playing a dangerous game cos even on a free and given his injury record and his inability to score goals nobody will give him those kind of numbers.
I keep banging this drum too but his agent might be selling him the "go on a free and make a fortune" angle but nothing is guaranteed when it comes to Dom, he had 2 seasons of chronic injury problems followed by a season last year that was most notable for going 23 games without a goal. If he repeats any of the last 3 years his value likely drops not improves. No one is offering him a fat contract in 2025 on the basis of a good 2020/21.

Regardless of whether it's us or a move elsewhere he'd be better setting up his future by signing a contract this summer. I don't think any advice he's getting to the contrary is in his best interests.

I keep banging this drum too but his agent might be selling him the "go on a free and make a fortune" angle but nothing is guaranteed when it comes to Dom, he had 2 seasons of chronic injury problems followed by a season last year that was most notable for going 23 games without a goal. If he repeats any of the last 3 years his value likely drops not improves. No one is offering him a fat contract in 2025 on the basis of a good 2020/21.

Regardless of whether it's us or a move elsewhere he'd be better setting up his future by signing a contract this summer. I don't think any advice he's getting to the contrary is in his best interests.
Absolutely this. Another season like that and nobody will be lashing out 130k a week or anything like it, nor will he get an upwardly mobile move if that's what he is looking for. Nobody will give a lucrative, extended contact to a player with his injury and goals record.

I like Dom and think he might just have gone stale but he does get some important goals and is the best of what we have up front. Signing a contract wouldn't in any way stop him from moving, it's just a way of securing some minimum value for us.

I think Everton are the best he will do in his career and at his age, I'd be taking a contract offer if it's on the table. Despite all our travails, leaving Everton still doesn't work out for a lot of players, as Moyes once commented

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back