2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm afraid that's not true.

Newcastle never agreed a fee with Everton, they pulled out when they couldn't sell Wilson.
Well that's what the bobble suggested his wage demands are large as much as I like the lad and think his overall game is good. If you step back a 27 year old who scored seven goals last season after two if not three injury ravaged years, no club is paying the 20m plus we want and the huge wages he wants so both need to drop or he will be with us for another season probably running his contract down which isn't the best position for anyone really.

As I say, Everton needs to stop being greedy and lower the price.

35m is greedy.
Be shocked if we wouldn't accept around 25m. Although you could be right and the price will drop down in the last week of the window, issue is will Dom's wage demands which are inflated.

Well that's what the bobble suggested his wage demands are large as much as I like the lad and think his overall game is good. If you step back a 27 year old who scored seven goals last season after two if not three injury ravaged years, no club is paying the 20m plus we want and the huge wages he wants so both need to drop or he will be with us for another season probably running his contract down which isn't the best position for anyone really.
I maybe missed Bobble saying his wage demands were high.

Can you link that?

Well for his own sake he needs to sort things out. This can’t be good for him either with things up in the air. He either needs to sign or knuckle down to prove his worth to other clubs when he leaves next summer.

I maybe missed Bobble saying his wage demands were high.

Can you link that?
They have talked about it on their podcast a few times he wants big wages 130,000 a week plus. I just don't see how he can justify that myself like but good luck to him. I think Everton are going to have to bring someone in to force his hand, issue is can we do more than a loan or down payment without the funds from a DCL sale...

They have talked about it on their podcast a few times he wants big wages 130,000 a week plus. I just don't see how he can justify that myself like but good luck to him. I think Everton are going to have to bring someone in to force his hand, issue is can we do more than a loan or down payment without the funds from a DCL sale...
So no link? Just Chinese whispers.

That's cool.

Regardless, please sell him ASAP.

I'd be amazed if any club was willing to pay this lad any more than we already are. Not exactly prolific and seriously injury prone. It's a shame he's turned our contract offer down, but it would be a big risk for any club to pay is wage demand and Everton's valuation. I can see him staying and leaving off contract.

I think if he's after the levels of cash he's been reported as being after then he's playing a dangerous game cos even on a free and given his injury record and his inability to score goals nobody will give him those kind of numbers.

I'd be amazed if any club was willing to pay this lad any more than we already are. Not exactly prolific and seriously injury prone. It's a shame he's turned our contract offer down, but it would be a big risk for any club to pay is wage demand and Everton's valuation. I can see him staying and leaving off contract.
£100k a week, 5 million a year, is about 20 million over 4 years. If he goes on a free, I reckon a few clubs might take a punt on that.

Can't see him getting north of 100k if there's a fee involved like, not unless we buy him back.

I'd certainly be playing the players who want to be at the club more often than not this season. Sure we can play better with Dom in the team, but we need to operate without him if he's leaving soon. I'd have Dom as #2 or #3 striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back