2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read that he was a bit concerned regarding the ownership issue and didnt really wanna commit to a club that is sailing alongside icebergs with no Captain to steer it.

But people have this idea that hes greedy.

All moves that have fallen apart have been down to Everton seeking too much money, but it suits people to read made up stories and paint him as a greedy.

And he's 100% right. Without the new owner the club is still teetering, and honestly I doubt the deal we have offered him is anything close to what he might get in 12 months.

He must be gutted watching Solanke get a big move. They were equal in and around the U21’s, Dom managed to get a few games for England and a good season under Carlo, Solanke dropped down a league but has steadily rebuilt his career and has overtook him in a big way.

How much are we asking for him though?
NUFC were wiling to pay whatever it was if they could move one of their strikers on.
I suspect there’s a few clubs interested and waiting in the wings as things stand.

Well the facts as they stand are we haven't confirmed any bids and he's entering the last year of his contract. I suspect nobody is bidding.

Strikers who score six goals or so a season typically aren't in high demand.

He must be gutted watching Solanke get a big move. They were equal in and around the U21’s, Dom managed to get a few games for England and a good season under Carlo, Solanke dropped down a league but has steadily rebuilt his career and has overtook him in a big way.
Solanke is way below Dom, I'd you remove the injury issue

He will transcend football this season.

Indy and Lindy putting them on a plate and he will feast.

You only need to witness it.
Under Dyche ?

The very worst attacking manager in the Premier league.

I like Dom , but the position the club is in he needs to sign up and be part of it.
We cannot afford for him to walk away ala Barkley wether he scores or not & that's if his body doesn't break down.

Your enthusiasm is admirable, but this could go badly wrong especially if we loose the first 3 games like last season and Dom hasn't troubled the scoresheet.

Under Dyche ?

The very worst attacking manager in the Premier league.

I like Dom , but the position the club is in he needs to sign up and be part of it.
We cannot afford for him to walk away ala Barkley wether he scores or not & that's if his body doesn't break down.

Your enthusiasm is admirable, but this could go badly wrong especially if we loose the first 3 games like last season and Dom hasn't troubled the scoresheet.
You just need to take a leap of faith.

Back the lad, hell, back Dyche, ive been a bit down on El Gaffer, but ive made a decision, everybody starts fresh on Saturday.

Everybody gets my full support, even that little crapper Maupay if he gets on the pitch.

As Everton fans we take baggage from season to season and it grinds us down, no baggage for me this season, Day 1, dazzle me Everton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.