2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He,s not going to sign in my opinion now,hes the best striker we have how Dyche wants to play so should get our full support,hope he gives 100% till the end of the season which will be doubtfull when his agent informs him of interest from other clubs mid way through the season.12 month to get a replacement or new manager.

He has no buyers which is why he is still here. He priced himself out of any move and plans to move on a free. I find it hard to believe we’d willingly let him leave on a free considering PSR rules and our ownership situation. It is what it is. Hopefully he earns whatever contract he is looking for because that would mean we are actually competing.

He,s not going to sign in my opinion now,hes the best striker we have how Dyche wants to play so should get our full support,hope he gives 100% till the end of the season which will be doubtfull when his agent informs him of interest from other clubs mid way through the season.12 month to get a replacement or new manager.

I don't think Dyche has any bearing on him wanting to leave.

That's it, nobody has bid. Newcastle showed an interest but pulled out when they couldn't sell Wilson.

They were interested in it as a workaround for PSR though. It would be like if we didn't sell Dobbin pre June 30th the same bids would come in. They wouldn't.

I don't think the club have any interest on making an offer that he would entertain. We have been cutting back on wages. If a bid comes in, he will go. But if it doesn't, I'm not convinced we will be offering a contract.

I will be very happy if he goes. He has been a very expensive luxury that has delivered little for our investment. He is not the only one, but he is the one who is in the Everton news at the moment, and this is probably becoming a distraction to the rest of the squad.

I have no confidence that his performances or his availability to actually play might suddenly change for the better if, God forbid, he signs a new contract.

Please move him on, and the very best of British luck to him in the future.

He has no buyers which is why he is still here. He priced himself out of any move and plans to move on a free. I find it hard to believe we’d willingly let him leave on a free considering PSR rules and our ownership situation. It is what it is. Hopefully he earns whatever contract he is looking for because that would mean we are actually competing.

Thats how i see it now. If he wants to put himself in the shop window then he's going to have to have a great season. If he does and moves on so be it. If he doesnt then he's a bit buggered. There could be a scenario at the end of the season where its not are you to good for Everton. Are Everton to good for you.
Another 5 goals from open play over a full season wont even cut it here.

We can't get anyone to buy him with less than a year on his current contract. What makes you think it would be easier to sell him for more money than we could get now after giving him higher wages and a longer term?

Utterly mad post.
How much are we asking for him though?
NUFC were wiling to pay whatever it was if they could move one of their strikers on.
I suspect there’s a few clubs interested and waiting in the wings as things stand.

I will be very happy if he goes. He has been a very expensive luxury that has delivered little for our investment. He is not the only one, but he is the one who is in the Everton news at the moment, and this is probably becoming a distraction to the rest of the squad.

I have no confidence that his performances or his availability to actually play might suddenly change for the better if, God forbid, he signs a new contract.

Please move him on, and the very best of British luck to him in the future.
He cost 1.5mil, he's a strikers version of Seamus Coleman in terms of value for money, he's certainly delivered on our investment. He's also more available than Seamus Coleman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back