Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even that bothered that he missed that chance. More annoyed that he didn't just slide it to the right for Doucoure to slot in to an empty net as the keeper came out.

You are slightly missing the point…Beto has NOT yet had a run if games….hence my point….Also…’DCL gets near the goal’ did you really just say that, expectations surely arnt that low
I understand the point, I don’t agree with it at all. The guy in front of him has 1 goal in 14 matches or whatever and is clearly outplaying him. He did nothing in his 35 minutes today but give the ball and fouls away.

Probably already is goals per minute.

Such is the task of an Everton number 9.

Like a stuck record but Calvert-Lewin is clearly bang out of form, and I wish I could just be thinking lash Beto in, or Chermiti but unfortunately - I think they're miles away from being able to carry the attack in this Everton team.

Doucoure isn't a proper number 10 and we give him the added task of box to box. We dont have any full back who can cross a ball.

People talk about Calvert-Lewin under Ancelotti - it was because he was told to stay within the 6 yard box lines, and wait for balls for Digne, Sigurdsson, Rodriguez... even Walcott etc.

We don't have that at all now, today we had 2 full backs and 2 wingers start a game who all can't cross a ball.
Don't deny any of that but if you are any decent calibre of striker you have to put that 1 on 1 away .

You can say DCL is out of form / confidence ( true) but he has consistently missed those type of chances throughout his career.

Clearly he has good attributes ( mostly his athleticism) but he has never been a natural finisher

He's definitely piling up the great chances missed to goals scored now.

He had a huge amount of the goal to aim at with that chance today.

Dyche has his work cut out because you can't be carrying a CF who can't score for 10+ games on the spin, though he obviously doesn't rate Beto enough to start him and same goes for Chermiti.

He's definitely piling up the great chances missed to goals scored now.

He had a huge amount of the goal to aim at with that chance today.

Dyche has his work cut out because you can't be carrying a CF who can't score for 10+ games on the spin, though he obviously doesn't rate Beto enough to start him and same goes for Chermiti.

always great when your manager doesnt rate the players the DOF signs

No service again today, what can he do . He's not fully fit either
He had a great through ball played to him today and he wasted a chance that most other strikers would finish in their sleep. Getting chances as easy as that in the premier league don’t come very often and you must score them.

He must be one of the worst strikers I’ve seen when he has time to think about a finish. I think poor ball striking technique is a factor. Pigeon-toed is the term I think.

*just realising your post may have been tongue in cheek. Apologies if so.

Last edited:
Probably already is goals per minute.

Such is the task of an Everton number 9.

Like a stuck record but Calvert-Lewin is clearly bang out of form, and I wish I could just be thinking lash Beto in, or Chermiti but unfortunately - I think they're miles away from being able to carry the attack in this Everton team.

Doucoure isn't a proper number 10 and we give him the added task of box to box. We dont have any full back who can cross a ball.

People talk about Calvert-Lewin under Ancelotti - it was because he was told to stay within the 6 yard box lines, and wait for balls for Digne, Sigurdsson, Rodriguez... even Walcott etc.

We don't have that at all now, today we had 2 full backs and 2 wingers start a game who all can't cross a ball.
Crossing and composure in final third has been by and large woeful for years now. No idea what that’s about. Guess if you’re in a poor team it means there’s more pressure on taking those opportunities. It’s simple stuff a lot of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back