2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

So we’re blaming strikers now for wingers not being able to beat a defender with a cross? Are they holding back in stubborn defiance or something? Like legit horrendous crossers of the ball.
I have not seen anything that indicates our wingers are poorer crossers of the ball than Lutons wingers or Forests wingers.
Its just another excuse tossed out along the likes of "no service"
-Needs to be eased back from inury
-Not matchfit
-Out of form
-we dont play to his strengths

I have not seen anything that indicates our wingers are poorer crossers of the ball than Lutons wingers or Forests wingers.
-Not matchfit
-Out of form
I have - they can't put good crosses in more than once a game at best.

-Not matchfit
-Out of form

Well you ain’t been watching either side then if you don’t think Townsend and Doughty are better crossers than Harrison and McNeil. The rest of your post is just irrelevant to this discussion.

Contract expires in 2025. Hopefully we sell for a decent fee this summer, along with Beto & Maupay.

Then reinvest the lot into one super centre forward with Chermiti as backup.

He's playing like a man who's game was all about power and pace who suffered a very serious big muscle injury. He then made several attempts to get properly fit for two years, with several setbacks along the way. I believe, either consciously or unconsciously, he is playing within himself as he doesn't trust his body any more.

Yesterday's performance was an improvement. With Beto playing in from behind it allowed Dom to play to his strengths. I can see the 4-4-2 working if he tweak it a bit and give it a chance. Beto was also unlucky, I'm not gonna write him off and he had a frustrating game. Mengi dealt with him very well yesterday but he had his hands full with Beto.

We are not playing to his strengths but he can have it on a plate for him every single time, he is so one dimensional its unreal.

I really like the guy and want him to be that player many think he is but he is a million miles away from it.
I am tired of reading excuses for him now

Great/Good players have bad spells
Poor or Average players have good spells and this is DCLs category.

He's playing like a man who's game was all about power and pace who suffered a very serious big muscle injury. He then made several attempts to get properly fit for two years, with several setbacks along the way. I believe, either consciously or unconsciously, he is playing within himself as he doesn't trust his body any more.

Plays like a man who's never been very good but used to put himself about and be a nuisance, had a 3 month purple patch where goals where going in off his arse but now he's back from injury he's still not very good, goals aren't going in of his arse and he doesn't put himself about anymore.

Yes, you can highlight the lack of quality from the wings, no way anyone could defend that, but the inability to make basic passes, the ability to actually control the ball and above all, a willingness to get involved. You can't excuse that.

How come DCL could score when carlo was here?
I will tell you why, we didn't have McNeil and Harrison for one, also we didn't just pump the ball up Dyche style.

Some of the football and games I am watching now is up there with ye Mike walkers, Sam Alladyce teams shocking

I Might be wrong here but that purple patch he had under carlo im sure most were all before xmas and the goals dried up the second half of the season. The counter argument is that he had digne who was a great supplier.

The key to unlocking the average ability of DCL isnt the wingers its the FBs overlapping, unfortunately Dyche doesnt like any of them near the byline.
So the key to a striker scoring goals is the team creating chances, to sum it up, which other than "pump it in aimlessly" - Dyche doesn't do.