2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
We laugh at Nunez’s terrible return but he gets 9 chances a game and if he scores one, it’s fine. DCL is lucky if he gets one clear cut chance or has the ball played through to him.

Our attacking play is turgid.

We laugh at Nunez’s terrible return but he gets 9 chances a game and if he scores one, it’s fine. DCL is lucky if he gets one clear cut chance or has the ball played through to him.

Does anyone laugh at him? He's got 9 in 16 starts and is an absolute menace to defenders.
I dont know anyone who laughs at nunez.

Does anyone laugh at him? He's got 9 in 16 starts and is an absolute menace to defenders.
I dont know anyone who laughs at nunez.
Quite a few on here...

I knew all the mickey taking out of Nunez here was only jinxing it. Presumably he'll have a little streak now until Salah gets back just to rub salt in the wounds. Then not be able to hit a barn door until the end of the season

I see Nunez is the finished article again tonight. Just can’t finish.

Does Nunez aim for the woodwork 🤔

Using the word 'finished' in relation to nunez in any context except the end of him as a player is just gaslighting the dictionary

If Nunez shot John Lennon he would still be alive today.

Not saying they're right, like. But folk do laugh at him.

This. Yes, DCL’s conversion rate has been below par, but since he gets so few chances and little support, it looks worse.

That said it is probably in his head a bit and therefore it is extra unfortunate that one goal against Spurs was disallowed and the other one awarded to Harrison.

This. Yes, DCL’s conversion rate has been below par, but since he gets so few chances and little support, it looks worse.

That said it is probably in his head a bit and therefore it is extra unfortunate that one goal against Spurs was disallowed and the other one awarded to Harrison.
Its not like the CF has no influence at all in the team creating chances though. Many of our attacks break down from DCL cant hold up/control the ball or chooses the wrong option for a pass. For example against Brighton we had a potentially great chance on a counter attack. But it fizzled out because Dom took the wrong optrion and played backwards.
A better CF will see us complete more attacks than we do now.
Nunez is on a complete different level to DCL technically so no point comparing him to DCL. Nunez has the potential do dominate this league. DCL would not stand out in a championship side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back