2023/24 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be a sackable offence if we allowed DCL to run down his contract.

£25mil is a lot of money and would mean another player has to be sold to satisfy PSR.

For Pickford, Branthwaire and Onana its also more sensible to see how their values look after the euros.

….not sure who’d get sacked if a player refuses to move and wants to run his contract down. It’s a reality of the modern game, I wouldn’t blame any footballer for doing it.

Predictably I’ve received no response to the question. A shame if he’s thrown a grenade in your direction and then bottled giving an actual explanation what was meant.

Personally I’ve only ever seen you critique DCL’s performances on the pitch and not really seen anything sinister, if I’m wrong about that then it would be helpful to see some examples.

I just laugh at him. Tried to whip up this weird personal hate agenda.
Let him crack on.

If we started Beto or Chermiti and improved at right back and another area it may counterbalance it.

Personally Id hope we can sell Maupay and Beto...as well as DCL.

Wilson going would mean DCL replaces him. Isak is a different kettle of fish

If we sell DCL on June 1st for £25mil and all cash up front + perhaps a couple of 'success' or 'appearance' clauses on top then with only a year left + injury and goalscoring issues it looks sensible.

PSR may be settle in our favour with that £25mil coming in.

Then all eyes will be on the tournament with Branthwaite, Onana and Pickford hoping to star. Enzo went to Chelsea based on a great tournament so the Everton bet may be that one of those three sees an obscene bid.

However, by then we may have new owners or be close to new owners so they may not want certain players sold.

Sensible to tick off the PSR box.
It's not beyond the realms that he goes 2 up top next season with Chermiti and Beto...even though I think Chermiti needs loan away i think his development will continue at us due to our financial constraints.

….not sure who’d get sacked if a player refuses to move and wants to run his contract down. It’s a reality of the modern game, I wouldn’t blame any footballer for doing it.

Yes, i didnt word it correctly.

I was disagreeing that we should choose to wind down his contract when the opportunity to sell is there.

It's not beyond the realms that he goes 2 up top next season with Chermiti and Beto...even though I think Chermiti needs loan away i think his development will continue at us due to our financial constraints.

That depends on the forward players we have.

If we take it that DCL moves then we have:

Centre forward: Chermiti / Beto

Support forward: Doucoure / McNeil / Dobbin / Chermiti

Who do we start and who do we try and sell?

For me, I'd be trying to sell Beto, Maupay and Doucoure.

Bring in a new LW and a CF.

LW: Iling-Junior / Dobbin
ACM: McNeil / Chermiti / Dobbin
RW: Harrison / Mills
CF: NEW / Chermiti

DCL, Beto, Maupay & Doucoure would bring in a fair amount...less £12.5mil for Iling-Junior and there should still be a decent chunk remaining.

Chermiti has put a half decent performance in all season, and we are hoping he will be our main striker. It’s not looking good

What is it mate? Don’t hold back now you’ve said it.
Those that know, know.

1716627965881.webp

💙

Ha ha. I am sure he said recently it was one thing he didn’t understand.
Im guessing he has had that much time out the team there has never been a run of goal form where he had the fans getting behind him on week on week basis where chants tend to build.
His best run of form was when the fans weren’t in the stadium.

Offer him a contract if he refuses straight on the transfer list.

….i’d be surprised if the club hasn’t already sounded him out about a new deal, so surely they know the lie of the land.

If he’s stalling on a new deal, it’s likely he’s running his contract down but even if he isn’t we might be forced to sell because of our financial predicament. Saying that, if the player refuses to move this summer there’s very little the club can do about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back