2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

We actually need to get the ball near the 18 yard box for that...

He needs to be between the goal posts finishing plays to get his goals. They're often not pretty but he uses his size and anticipation to get the ball into the back of the net.

It's not his game to beat his man or play behind.
No its not but he still must be better than what he's been shown for the past 3 years.

He cant have everything on a plate for him, plus he misses a lot of glorious chances.
His lack of goals isnt down solely down to managers set up and style a lot of it is down to his ability also.

No its not but he still must be better than what he's been shown for the past 3 years.

He cant have everything on a plate for him, plus he misses a lot of glorious chances.
His lack of goals isnt down solely down to managers set up and style a lot of it is down to his ability also.

Last season he definitely underperformed, he should have had double digits. This season no one has had sniff at goal.

Said it before, I see it every week at Goodison, he constantly makes runs, but nobody ever passes him the ball.

Anyway, 9months from now, we will know, was it DCL or was it Everton.

Watch this space.
yea they just lump it up to him
It's so ingrained now that when we had Maupay start/come on last season they were still lumping high balls

Can't blame the lad for wanting a new challenge.

Can't blame the lad for thinking he'd be a more effective player at any other team in the league.

... But Chelsea would probably be the worst team he could move to. They'll only sign him to give us the money to take Broja.

I think he'd actually do very well there if they gave him a chance. They won't give him that chance, so he won't, but I could definitely see him sitting right in the middle of the 18 constantly finishing from Felix, Palmer, Madueke etc.

Can't blame the lad for thinking he'd be a more effective player at any other team in the league.

... But Chelsea would probably be the worst team he could move to. They'll only sign him to give us the money to take Broja.
Like most modern day footballers whats their motivation money or career?

Like you say going to Chelsea would be a disaster fro his career and playing football he would be loaned out from next summer season by season for the remainder of his contract.

He hasnt got the movement ability or goal power to play for Chelsea.
Its laughable even being mentioned. He wouldnt even get on the bench.

Wouldn't be particularly happy with Broja being signed- would rather we took Fofana - but there was a player there before the injuries, I guess.

I think one of the few bonuses of the mooted DCL/Broja deal is that I heard somewhere (maybe a podcast) that Chelsea are one of the few clubs that still give a decent wedge of transfer fees upfront. Which actually could allow us to replace DCL AND have a bit of cash for other down-payments, seeing as cashflow is the issue.

Would still be very surprised if Chelsea came in for DCL though.

He hasnt got the movement ability or goal power to play for Chelsea.
Its laughable even being mentioned. He wouldnt even get on the bench.

Well, lets see where he ends up and how he does.

As @Jarvick shared here;

From Sky Sports:

The 19 runs made by Dominic Calvert-Lewin challenging the Brighton backline on the opening weekend remain the most by any Premier League player this season. There were 17 more of them in the 4-0 defeat to Tottenham. He tops the list for attacking runs.

--------------------------------
So, the age old question, is Dom just not getting the service he should expect? Is it the lack of creative players around him? We know he does not seem to take his actual chances well in any event. See also his passing options stats in the article above, interesting stuff. I see links to Arsenal and Newcastle again this week. I think we may move Dom this week, we shall see.

He's number 9 in a deep, Sean Dyche setup, awaiting crosses from Harrison/McNeil/Mykolenko and Young, or relying on the composure of Doucoure behind him.

We don't score enough goals - only Sheff Utd scored less than us last season. Is he the reason, or is it we're awful/setup to just not concede and have absolutely nothing in the final third.

I'm convinced he'd score more goals in any other team.

If/when he goes, we just have to hope we can bring someone in who can at least match his goals - as low as they were last season, because we go down if we get any worse in the final third.

Well, lets see where he ends up and how he does.

As @Jarvick shared here;

He's number 9 in a deep, Sean Dyche setup, awaiting crosses from Harrison/McNeil/Mykolenko and Young, or relying on the composure of Doucoure behind him.

We don't score enough goals - only Sheff Utd scored less than us last season. Is he the reason, or is it we're awful/setup to just not concede and have absolutely nothing in the final third.

I'm convinced he'd score more goals in any other team.

If/when he goes, we just have to hope we can bring someone in who can at least match his goals - as low as they were last season, because we go down if we get any worse in the final third.

Have you seen chelsea's squad? There are better players who cant even make the bench. Jackson supposedly had a bad season along with chelsea's bad season. He scored 14 goals in open play. Calvert lewin has scored 8 goals from open play in 3 years.
he'll offer nothing to chelsea. They've got better options just as squad back ups.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back