2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Maybe if we spent more time in the opposition box there would be less riding on it and he might be better at making the right choice.
Watkins can try things because there will be other chances, and he missed two sitters against Arsenal btw. When Dom messes up, it might be our only real chance in the game and it is magnified as a result. Imagine if he had the opportunity to try something different because the defender is wise to one thing. Imagine a style of play that the no9 can be told don't worry about missing, you'll get plenty more chances in the game. Would that no9 relax? You gave 3 players as an example that all play in teams that provide opportunities. Name one in a team that doesn't create a lot of chances that do what you think he should
Any other player on any team. I don’t think I really need to name every forward in premier league. At the end of the day Bambi doesn’t score and that’s why he is supposed to be in team. You guys can say all the stats you want but the one that matters is really bad….goals scored. Can’t blame the other 10 players for everything as to why DCL can’t score. He’s sub par end of.

Dom works his socks off, but he couldn't hit the proverbial cow's backside with a banjo.

We will miss him dearly for his all round game and his ability to bring others in to play.

I can't blame him for wanting to leave, though. Like Barkley and Stones and Gordon, the boo boys have made his position at our club untenable.

Sometimes our "supporters" shoot themselves in the foot.

Dom works his socks off, but he couldn't hit the proverbial cow's backside with a banjo.

We will miss him dearly for his all round game and his ability to bring others in to play.

I can't blame him for wanting to leave, though. Like Barkley and Stones and Gordon, the boo boys have made his position at our club untenable.

Maybe he just isn`t made to play upfront and would have been more effective in a midfield role.
The basic way people judge a forward is by their goal tally, and defenders and keepers by their goals conceded.
In midfield he would be appreciated for his work and the few goals he would score would be a bonus.
While he has been unfortunate with injury, his lack of goals when he has got fit is what has supporters on his back, partly due to the fact his importance to us scoring is so over-hyped, by some supporters and the media, as it seemed when fit and in the team the goals would start to come.
Its a very similar situation to Barkley, who had been at the club for quite a while, was hyped as being the outstanding player that would lift the team to the next level, but by the last couple of seasons was showing that despite his obvious talent he was not always good making decisions on the ball. He left under a cloud, but I`m not sure there was a huge hole to fill in the team when we left.

Wait there George!!!!

You’re blaming the fans for him wanting to leave right after you’ve slated him for “couldn't hit the proverbial cow's backside with a banjo”

Maybe you’re one of the problems

@MerseysideBlue is the weirdest poster on here. An outed liverpool fan who spends his time liking posts slagging off DCL :lol:

IMG_4820.webp

This whole post is absolute nonsense.

From Sky Sports:

The 19 runs made by Dominic Calvert-Lewin challenging the Brighton backline on the opening weekend remain the most by any Premier League player this season. There were 17 more of them in the 4-0 defeat to Tottenham. He tops the list for attacking runs.

--------------------------------
So, the age old question, is Dom just not getting the service he should expect? Is it the lack of creative players around him? We know he does not seem to take his actual chances well in any event. See also his passing options stats in the article above, interesting stuff. I see links to Arsenal and Newcastle again this week. I think we may move Dom this week, we shall see.

He kicks a ball like he's been shot in the foot

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back