2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

From Sky Sports:

The 19 runs made by Dominic Calvert-Lewin challenging the Brighton backline on the opening weekend remain the most by any Premier League player this season. There were 17 more of them in the 4-0 defeat to Tottenham. He tops the list for attacking runs.

--------------------------------
So, the age old question, is Dom just not getting the service he should expect? Is it the lack of creative players around him? We know he does not seem to take his actual chances well in any event. See also his passing options stats in the article above, interesting stuff. I see links to Arsenal and Newcastle again this week. I think we may move Dom this week, we shall see.
Said it before, I see it every week at Goodison, he constantly makes runs, but nobody ever passes him the ball.

Anyway, 9months from now, we will know, was it DCL or was it Everton.

Watch this space.

Said it before, I see it every week at Goodison, he constantly makes runs, but nobody ever passes him the ball.

Watch this space.
He makes runs down the channels outside the box, for me what he doesnt do is make smart 2-3 yard runs in the box trying to get that yard on the defender.

I think its a bit of both its the team and him, we don't play to his strengths but also i thinks his strengths are not very good. (Hold up play is good on his day but them days are very few and far between)
Dyche seems to think volleying the ball upto from Pickford is his strength for me its not, his strength is getting good quality crosses into the box from close to the byline because he has a great leap on him.

Watch this space.
Didn’t watch the second half of the spurs game, but there was one moment he was visibly frustrated at a simple ball not being played into space on the right in the first half. Not seen him do that before.

He hasn’t downed tools or anything from what I’ve seen like others are saying. Don’t think we should be starting him though.

He makes runs down the channels outside the box, for me what he doesnt do is make smart 2-3 yard runs in the box trying to get that yard on the defender.

I think its a bit of both its the team and him, we don't play to his strengths but also i thinks his strengths are not very good. (Hold up play is good on his day but them days are very few and far between)
Dyche seems to think volleying the ball upto from Pickford is his strength for me its not, his strength is getting good quality crosses into the box from close to the byline because he has a great leap on him.
We all saw what he do when Carlo was here, a man he knew how to get the very best from him.

Oh well.

Long ball from Pickford, he jumps gets something on it and there’s no one around taking a chance on a loose ball. Hardly the stuff you dream about on the playground.
If he wanted to stay I’d think he was insane tbh.

Didn’t watch the second half of the spurs game, but there was one moment he was visibly frustrated at a simple ball not being played into space on the right in the first half. Not seen him do that before.

He hasn’t downed tools or anything from what I’ve seen like others are saying. Don’t think we should be starting him though.
I mentally switched off after the first Spurs goal, the game was on, but I honestly cant say I "watched it", so no idea regarding that.

We all saw what he do when Carlo was here, a man he knew how to get the very best from him.

Oh well.
The only manager that has managed to get a double figure return from him. Last season was his 3rd highest league tally and it was 7. There is a player there but if we don't set up to play to his strengths then what's the point.

We actually need to get the ball near the 18 yard box for that...

He needs to be between the goal posts finishing plays to get his goals. They're often not pretty but he uses his size and anticipation to get the ball into the back of the net.

It's not his game to beat his man or play behind.

Long ball from Pickford, he jumps gets something on it and there’s no one around taking a chance on a loose ball. Hardly the stuff you dream about on the playground.
If he wanted to stay I’d think he was insane tbh.
Totally agree mate, i think its best for everyone if he leaves.

I still dont see him getting 10 goals a season wherever he goes though.

Yes it was played behind him. He wanted it in front. If it was simply played to him he would have at least controlled it. It was a simple pass that is made 99/100 times on other PL teams. I can't remember who passed it but I remember the reaction.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back