2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Have you seen chelsea's squad? There are better players who cant even make the bench. Jackson supposedly had a bad season along with chelsea's bad season. He scored 14 goals in open play. Calvert lewin has scored 8 goals from open play in 3 years.
he'll offer nothing to chelsea. They've got better options just as squad back ups.

Well, the first post of mine you quoted;

Can't blame the lad for wanting a new challenge.

Can't blame the lad for thinking he'd be a more effective player at any other team in the league.

... But Chelsea would probably be the worst team he could move to. They'll only sign him to give us the money to take Broja.

The fact the club don't seem to have made a decision yet on whether they will sell, is quite remarkable.

Yes it's a tough question but that's football. Not all decisions are easy

And we've know his contract situation for many months.

Have you seen chelsea's squad? There are better players who cant even make the bench. Jackson supposedly had a bad season along with chelsea's bad season. He scored 14 goals in open play. Calvert lewin has scored 8 goals from open play in 3 years.
he'll offer nothing to chelsea. They've got better options just as squad back ups.
Why do people constantly compare the goals people scored at other teams?

Chelsea scored 77 goals last season, almost double the amount Everton scored.

They had only 2 players that scored over 10 goals.

Why do people constantly compare the goals people scored at other teams?

Chelsea scored 77 goals last season, almost double the amount Everton scored.

They had only 2 players that scored over 10 goals.

Because when you are in the market for a striker call me mad but goals and forwards tend to matter.
Why would chelsea even look at calvert lewin when their own striker is 5 years younger and scored triple the goals.
Cant believe this is even a conversation.
Chelsea wouldnt even entertain calvert lewin.
This thread goes from ridiculous levels day by day

Does it matter where he goes? His career is his career then. Bar the odd vaulting opportunity (it's a GOT tradition) he'll no longer be our concern.

My worry is what terrible make weight we might end up with. Never know, it might work out. Nab a couple of midfielder/wide players to tee up Beto and Maupay and it could be goal city.*

*must lay off the bong at lunchtime.

Does it matter where he goes? His career is his career then. Bar the odd vaulting opportunity (it's a GOT tradition) he'll no longer be our concern.

My worry is what terrible make weight we might end up with. Never know, it might work out. Nab a couple of midfielder/wide players to tee up Beto and Maupay and it could be goal city.*

Yeah doesn't really matter where he goes. The obvious concern is that the money is not spent on a replacement.

Its mad that i was more impressed in one game the lad wolves got, larsen, that i have been from any Everton forward in the last 6 months. Time will tell over the season but he looked to have more about him in one viewing than anything we have. They got him on loan.

Its mad that i was more impressed in one game the lad wolves got, larsen, that i have been from any Everton forward in the last 6 months. Time will tell over the season but he looked to have more about him in one viewing than anything we have. They got him on loan.
Maybe players don't want to join us?

I know it's not a nice thought, that players might prefer to join Wolves, but it's certainly possible.

Again, the reasons for that particular pickle are well beyond this thread.

Breaking news in the last half hour that Chelsea are after Toney, which would pretty much rule them out following up on the DCL interest I'd imagine.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back