2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

I think he has shat the bed on his contract and move personally.

His greed has got the best of him and I can't see a decent team paying £140k a month as the reported Newcastle negotiation.

If he leaves on a free, he isn't guaranteed to sign for a big club than Everton let alone start for one.

If he moves this window, it will be backup to a younger player

His greed has got the best of him and I can't see a decent team paying £140k a month as the reported Newcastle negotiation.

If he leaves on a free, he isn't guaranteed to sign for a big club than Everton let alone start for one.

financially he will be better off as more of the money in the deal will go to him rather than to everton, but from a footballing point of view, I tend to agree with you, he goes to a better club, he wont be starting as many games, he goes to a similar or lesser club, he's sold his career for cash.
His call like, he has to look after himself and his family but I'd rather he stayed and was boss for us.

The 'bigger' clubs don't need him and at best he'd be a back up. They aren't going to pay big wages for a player who is clearly a plan B or C regardless of whether he's cheap now or on a free in the summer.

He doesn't want to be here but no one appears to want him. And the longer this drags on and he doesn't sign a new deal, the more our fans will begin to turn on him.

He (and his agency) have made a mess of the situation.

The 'bigger' clubs don't need him and at best he'd be a back up. They aren't going to pay big wages for a player who is clearly a plan B or C regardless of whether he's cheap now or on a free in the summer.

He doesn't want to be here but no one appears to want him. And the longer this drags on and he doesn't sign a new deal, the more our fans will begin to turn on him.

He (and his agency) have made a mess of the situation.
Already turned. What he's doing is far worse than Barkley (who was blamed by the fans). How can a centre forward only have 1 shot off target in 180 mins of football? Hardly the quality of a 140k per week striker. I'll be delighted if we can offload this lad before the window shuts. No excuse for lack of effort, and the greed I just find disgusting.

His agent and him have properly misjudged this one. Big contract offer from Everton despite spending the majority of his last contract either injured or not scoring.

If it gets beyond the transfer deadline and he’s still here I’d be withdrawing that offer.
I`d have withdrawn the offer already and told him he will not be playing unless we`re badly stuck, that way if his priority is to play first team football he gets himself a new club. If he is looking for a new start but is holding out signing for us just so he can be guaranteed a big pay deal from us if he can`t get a move by deadline day, I don`t want to be depending on him to be our main CF.

If he stays healthy he'll get his contract here or elsewhere with a signing on fee. He's in a position of strength, though there is some risk.

Dyche isnt a gaffer. This is how proper charismatic manager sorts his deadwood.
------>
Enzo Maresca on Sterling, Chalobah and the others: “All the players who in this moment are training apart will NOT get any minutes in case they stay”.

“My advice to Sterling? He knows exactly what he has to do”.

“It’s not just Raheem, all of them”

Rest my case.✅

We had 14 senior players available for the last match. Maresca has about 20 senior players training with the U21s.

I hear the argument that Dom's our best striker, and while he's here he has to start... but I don't agree. His record is woeful, and he's made it clear he wants out. I'd still have him on the bench but I'd play Beto and Chermiti (when available) ahead of him. We need to play the players that want to play for the club.

I dont blame Dom for trying to consider a move away. He's only had a couple of good seasons when the tactics and players supported him. He's not the type of player to make chances or make something out of nothing, and needs a team that has more attacking play to help him. He had potential for a season but is not a top level player and now he's clearly behind Toney, Watkins and Solanke as England's best forwards - a long way behind. He needs to move to get some coaching and love that makes him better. He's only got one big contract left for himself and considering he's a good guy - i.e. he trains hard, works hard, seems to be very professional - why not just hope for the best for him to have a good career. I dont know where will work for him, but Brighton, maybe, or even Brentford (a big step down) (if Toney leaves) are decent enough for him, or if he makes a step up maybe even Leipzig, Atalanta, Ajax type teams might work for him. He's not getting a big Champions League transfer now, so he should try and get a Europa League team

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back