2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

I think if he stays for the season he will certainly have a very long goalless run, its how it goes with him, score 4 or 5 in a short run of games and then go 15 or more firing blanks. As a CF who`s not scoring and won`t at least show he wants to stay at the club by agreeing a new deal, why should he not be getting a torrid time from the fans?
I made no comment as to whether he would or wouldn't deserve a torid time. I just pointed out that it was a likely scenario, which would benefit neither us nor him.

I think if he stays for the season he will certainly have a very long goalless run, its how it goes with him, score 4 or 5 in a short run of games and then go 15 or more firing blanks. As a CF who`s not scoring and won`t at least show he wants to stay at the club by agreeing a new deal, why should he not be getting a torrid time from the fans?
Because it’s hard to dance with the devil on your back

My worry for Calvert Lewin is, if, he doesn't sign a new contract or leave on a transfer this summer, he will be in a very dangerous place with the crowd. A run of poor or goalless games would, in my opinion, lead to him being given a torrid time by the fans, this in turn would make it more difficult for him to play to the best of his ability and thus make it difficult for him to get the kind of move he wants when he is out of contract.

I feel that the best outcome here is for him to sign an extension at the club and failing that, for our sake and his, he should get himself a move. The third option, running down his contract, could be a disaster for us and him. If he does run down his contract, he will have to have a great season in order together the club he wants on the terms he want next summer.
Just wait until he signs a pre contract with another club in Jan.

Booo!!

Hard to believe we are starting the season with this prolific goal scorer still up front. It is insanity but it is rudderless Everton so unsurprisingly just more of doing the same thing over and over and hoping for different results.
Not really much anyone can do about it. He’s the best striker at the club and if we want 30m for him we are in dreamland.

Its a sticky situation that nobody wants to be in but essentially if we let him go now we have Beto and Maupay until January.

Clubs who are interested are probably talking to his agent saying ‘run his contract down and we will sign him with a large signing on fee’. Its not ideal but its also Everton dumb fault for not sorting a contract out for him say 2 years ago.

Not really much anyone can do about it. He’s the best striker at the club and if we want 30m for him we are in dreamland.

Its a sticky situation that nobody wants to be in but essentially if we let him go now we have Beto and Maupay until January.

Clubs who are interested are probably talking to his agent saying ‘run his contract down and we will sign him with a large signing on fee’. Its not ideal but its also Everton dumb fault for not sorting a contract out for him say 2 years ago.
There is something simple they could have done tbh. Sell him for a realistic price like about 20 million and bring someone better in a month before the season started. Too easy that though. The Everton way is to just wait for him to miss every chance again, then panic and sell him at the last minute leaving no time to properly scout someone better and pay over the odds for a past it striker who nobody wants and pay him a fortune.

The club should have arranged a sale a month ago when the contract hadn't been signed

The player has a right not to sign a contract but we've not handled it well. We need money for good players when they leave the club.

Hard to believe we are starting the season with this prolific goal scorer still up front. It is insanity but it is rudderless Everton so unsurprisingly just more of doing the same thing over and over and hoping for different results.
The one signing that is needed above all else is good leadership.

Damned if they do, damned if they don't.

He was an injury liability 2 years ago and we've been trying to manage the wage bill.

If somebody really needs a striker in Jan he may go anyway.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back