2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

I'm wearing my "I'm a reasonable blue" specs.

180 minimum with proper service if Dyche is sacked and Mercury is in retrograde.
Interestingly enough, his xG at Everton has never been above 16, in the season he scored 16 goals.

So he really does need to leave Everton if he wants to score goals.

xG.jpg

Just pretend that contract situation doesn't exist. Nothing is his fault and if he wants to run down his contract we should all lay palms at his feet and sing a song for him.

No, he shouldn't feel grateful to the club who persisted with giving him opportunities while he struggled to break into the team and then handsomely rewarded him with a contract on the back of his only solid 18 months of performance which he followed up with three injury ruined seasons of crap goal returns.

But he did score a penalty and managed to slot 1 of his 6 one-on-ones in preseason so we should focus on that instead. Got it.
Not sure why you’re triggered by my post, I was talking about how this thread was people talking about clothes and arses and not football.

My opinions are:
1. He didn’t score enough goals last season and needs to do better which I think he can with better creative players this season hopefully creating better chances
2. It’s good that he’s looked sharp and scored in the last few friendlies and I hope he can carry that into the season
3. We don’t know anything about the contract situation for sure. We don’t really know what he wants, what the club offered etc. so speculating about things and getting upset he ‘owes us’ is pointless until the matter is resolved and we know what is going to happen. I’m not going to whine about him not signing an 80k contract and demanding 120k because I don’t have any idea what is really happening in discussions… he may want to sign for the money we offered but want to know the ownership situation first which I’d consider reasonable

Not sure why you’re triggered by my post, I was talking about how this thread was people talking about clothes and arses and not football.

My opinions are:
1. He didn’t score enough goals last season and needs to do better which I think he can with better creative players this season hopefully creating better chances
2. It’s good that he’s looked sharp and scored in the last few friendlies and I hope he can carry that into the season
3. We don’t know anything about the contract situation for sure. We don’t really know what he wants, what the club offered etc. so speculating about things and getting upset he ‘owes us’ is pointless until the matter is resolved and we know what is going to happen. I’m not going to whine about him not signing an 80k contract and demanding 120k because I don’t have any idea what is really happening in discussions… he may want to sign for the money we offered but want to know the ownership situation first which I’d consider reasonable

I'm sure there's a number that would seal it, but I also think he needs to see some signs of upward mobility. He's at a point in his career where if he signs a contract with us, he basically settles for being a decent premier league player. His legacy will most likely be Everton's leading scorer in the PL era and a player that earned a few England caps.

Plenty of our fanbase believe that's the most he can hope for, which is fair enough, but I think he wants to get himself to a club that looks like competing for trophies/regularly playing in Europe for the next five years - even if he's only a squad player.

On the one hand, given Everton took a chance on him in the first instance and stood by him through two years of injuries, you might expect some loyalty. But on the other, he's got a short career and probably wants to try and make the step up that he thought he was gonna make before those injuries came along.

Basically, Everton would have to have a very good first half of the season for him to sign again, though he may be sold before that can even happen.

I'm sure there's a number that would seal it, but I also think he needs to see some signs of upward mobility. He's at a point in his career where if he signs a contract with us, he basically settles for being a decent premier league player. His legacy will most likely be Everton's leading scorer in the PL era and a player that earned a few England caps.

Plenty of our fanbase believe that's the most he can hope for, which is fair enough, but I think he wants to get himself to a club that looks like competing for trophies/regularly playing in Europe for the next five years - even if he's only a squad player.

On the one hand, given Everton took a chance on him in the first instance and stood by him through two years of injuries, you might expect some loyalty. But on the other, he's got a short career and probably wants to try and make the step up that he thought he was gonna make before those injuries came along.

Basically, Everton would have to have a very good first half of the season for him to sign again, though he may be sold before that can even happen.
TEX RITTER will step in :lol:

Just pretend that contract situation doesn't exist. Nothing is his fault and if he wants to run down his contract we should all lay palms at his feet and sing a song for him.

No, he shouldn't feel grateful to the club who persisted with giving him opportunities while he struggled to break into the team and then handsomely rewarded him with a contract on the back of his only solid 18 months of performance which he followed up with three injury ruined seasons of crap goal returns.

But he did score a penalty and managed to slot 1 of his 6 one-on-ones in preseason so we should focus on that instead. Got it.

I dont really understand this. Think what you like, but we signed a lad for absolute peanuts for our reserves. He's gone on to be a guy who is our 4th top scorer in the last 35 years or whatever. He would be even higher, had he not suffered several injuries, in no small part to the club pushing him back too soon when he wasn't fit.

He has fulfilled his contractual obligation to the club at the end of this season. He hasn't broken the contract he's signed. Yet you seem angry with him for not being very good, but also angry with him because he's not signing another contract. Can you not see the contradiction? If he's so bad, why would you want him to sign another contract?

I dont really understand this. Think what you like, but we signed a lad for absolute peanuts for our reserves. He's gone on to be a guy who is our 4th top scorer in the last 35 years or whatever. He would be even higher, had he not suffered several injuries, in no small part to the club pushing him back too soon when he wasn't fit.
That's not the massive shout you clearly think it is. I mean even on it's own it's not that impressive, it's even less impressive when you look at who he's around and how many games they've all played.

He has fulfilled his contractual obligation to the club at the end of this season. He hasn't broken the contract he's signed. Yet you seem angry with him for not being very good, but also angry with him because he's not signing another contract. Can you not see the contradiction? If he's so bad, why would you want him to sign another contract?
Has he provided value for money the last three years for the wages he's already been paid? It's a no for me and you'd find it hard to argue otherwise. Is he to blame? No, he isn't as he was injured for most of it. I do think he should feel he owes the club a bit of a return that he hasn't been able to deliver for the past three seasons he's been more than fairly compensated for. That's not a contradiction to state that.

I don't agree with this idea that we should be worshiping him for chipping in with his 7 goals simply because he's the best of an utterly turgid bunch of strikers. That's been the case the entire time he's been here and he's benefited tremendously from it as a result. A nice touch of gratitude for the opportunities and already handsome wages we've given him would be helping ensure we get a return from him even if he does want to leave.

That's not the massive shout you clearly think it is. I mean even on it's own it's not that impressive, it's even less impressive when you look at who he's around and how many games they've all played.

Has he provided value for money the last three years for the wages he's already been paid? It's a no for me and you'd find it hard to argue otherwise. Is he to blame? No, he isn't as he was injured for most of it. I do think he should feel he owes the club a bit of a return that he hasn't been able to deliver for the past three seasons he's been more than fairly compensated for. That's not a contradiction to state that.

I don't agree with this idea that we should be worshiping him for chipping in with his 7 goals simply because he's the best of an utterly turgid bunch of strikers. That's been the case the entire time he's been here and he's benefited tremendously from it as a result. A nice touch of gratitude for the opportunities and already handsome wages we've given him would be helping ensure we get a return from him even if he does want to leave.

I didn't think it was some amazing shout. It was just pointing out a fact. He made a lot of appearances, as sub as a young player that tilts it, but either way his record, in some pretty awful teams is good compared to most other players we have had over the last 35 years.

I don't think he has, largely due to injuries.

I'm sure he will go if someone bids for him, and pays him what he feels he deserves. Currently nobody has come in.

He doesn't owe us anything. He came for 1.5m and honestly, even his wages, circa 70k p/w are well below market rate. There have been many many problems for Everton over recent years, but during his time at the club DCL isn't really one. He is punt that has worked out really well. He doesn't owe us anything. He's seen the contract out. If the club wants a fee, they can give him a longer contract

I hope he doesn't leave in a free, but if he does and he can get us 10+ goals this season, it will be a deal that will have been one of the few successes for us.

Over 270 comments in the Dom thread before we’ve even kicked a ball, interesting…

Oh no, wait, it’s about people not liking that he wore women’s clothes that one time and a discussion about whether arses smell.

Any comment on the football regarding our main striker who scored in all of the last three friendlies and looks fit and ready to go this season for the first time in years?
Yet another DCL myth one of those games was against Coventry which we lost 3 - 0 plus the Preston goal was a penalty.

Yet another DCL myth one of those games was against Coventry which we lost 3 - 0 plus the Preston goal was a penalty.
I’m wrong but you’re wrong too
We beat Preston 3-0 Dom score a pen (not sure why that wouldn’t count) and got an assist
We beat Motherwell 6-0 (I thought Dom scored there but was wrong)
Then we drew with Roma and he scored a one on one

Now if I wanted to create a ‘myth’ I think I’d come up with something far more exciting like he’s good in the air because he retractable wings that give him extra height in his jump

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.