2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

My worry for Calvert Lewin is, if, he doesn't sign a new contract or leave on a transfer this summer, he will be in a very dangerous place with the crowd. A run of poor or goalless games would, in my opinion, lead to him being given a torrid time by the fans, this in turn would make it more difficult for him to play to the best of his ability and thus make it difficult for him to get the kind of move he wants when he is out of contract.

I feel that the best outcome here is for him to sign an extension at the club and failing that, for our sake and his, he should get himself a move. The third option, running down his contract, could be a disaster for us and him. If he does run down his contract, he will have to have a great season in order together the club he wants on the terms he want next summer.
Any one in their right mind would do exactly the same as him, one big deal left just had a kid.
Stick to your guns on what deal you want or move to another club probably in a better position posisitij than us and bag a sign on fee for yourself.

If I was stuck up front in Dycheball, getting balls hoofed up to me with no support, chances created and then getting hammered for not scoring 20 goals a season, I’d be off as well.

Can’t be enjoying his football and who could blame him, no forward would enjoy playing the way we did last season.

If I was stuck up front in Dycheball, getting balls hoofed up to me with no support, chances created and then getting hammered for not scoring 20 goals a season, I’d be off as well.

Can’t be enjoying his football and who could blame him, no forward would enjoy playing the way we did last season.
I like DCL and agree Dycheball isn’t the most ‘scenic’ football, but he did have his chances last season.
I know stats aren’t everyone’s cup of tea but there is some science behind them and they suggest he should have had 13 goals last season, so he can’t have been devoid of opportunity.

If you believe that was a penalty then I'm sorry you're wrong. That incident there is basically an easy example to see why Calvert Lewin is so flawed. Decides to try to stupidly cheat because he doesn't trust his own ability free in the box as a striker. He's useless and knows it himself, you cannot rely on a player like this, they will only leave you down.

He hesitated way too much on the turn when he could have had an easy shot on goal. Blame the penalty decision or whatever (it is debatable) but Dom should have done better. His lack of confidence is too apparent and it’s gotten to the point that we need to move on if he isn’t going to sign the contract. We don’t have the service to really make use of him.

Lad has been no good in years and wants to wind his contract down. I am begging anyone at this club with a hint of sense, get rid of him ASAP. He is not worth £15m, but if someone were to pay it, we should be biting their hand off. I don't know how people are being fooled, you can visibly see he's not arsed.

He might go off and score 20 goals somewhere else (I'd doubt it) but he is not more useful to Everton than Chermiti, Maupay or Beto, that's the fact. We do not miss him whatsoever, sell him and reinvest in the squad.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.