2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Officially asked to leave according to Bobble.
Big of him to let us know if true. Is he labouring under the impression that we’ve been inundated with offers and we’ve been preventing him going? Because I thought the thing preventing him from moving was a lack of any great interest from the big clubs he thinks he deserves to play for in a striker with legs made of gravy who underperforms his xG by almost half.

Big of him to let us know if true. Is he labouring under the impression that we’ve been inundated with offers and we’ve been preventing him going? Because I thought the thing preventing him from moving was a lack of any great interest from the big clubs he thinks he deserves to play for in a striker with legs made of gravy who underperforms his xG by almost half.
In fairness there's were reports early in the window of like a 35m or more asking price. That's not realistic at all. I think somewhere around 20m is far more realistic.

If true, I'm disappointed in him. He seemed like a decent guy that actually respected the club and fanbase but this wouldn't be representative of that at all. I'm also disappointed in the club for not taking a harder line with him before it got to this stage.

If true, he’s an absolute rat, waited till the end of the window, so we’d be in a desperate position - drop our fee or let him go on a free next summer, so he can maximise his wedge.

Thanks Dom, like we’re not skint enough, struggling with PSR and have enough problems.

There is nothing on Bobbles twitter about this

He’ll end up panicking and going to Brentford when they sell Toney imo.
Can’t see any other options for him now, unless a big club pick up an early injury and need a stop gap.

Never rated DCL but I’m not optimistic about how well we’d be able to replace him. However if he’s not interested in playing for Everton anymore, then he’s of absolutely no use to us except for a transfer fee, and I’d be astounded if we get above £20m at this stage.

If true, he’s an absolute rat, waited till the end of the window, so we’d be in a desperate position - drop our fee or let him go on a free next summer, so he can maximise his wedge.

Thanks Dom, like we’re not skint enough, struggling with PSR and have enough problems.
I guess a willingness to go is less bad than refusing to and winding down to free agency but yeah it’s not ideal.

Given our apparent financial situation, the fact that club is in limbo ownership wise, and the manager has less than a year on his contract, it is really poor timing from our point of view, if true*.

As questionable as his form has been the past few years, it's going to be difficult to replace him.

*Edit: Nowt on twitter as of this minute.

Last edited:
I don’t have a problem with him playing pre season or on Saturday, what I do have a problem with is the club setting too high a price to sell him if they weren’t going to agree a new deal because now it’s painting Dom as a villain for not leaving and the club will get away Scot free

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back