2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Nice of him to leave it so late and put us in a very desperate position. Cheers Dom, you've treated us like right mugs here.

I don’t have a problem with him playing pre season or on Saturday, what I do have a problem with is the club setting too high a price to sell him if they weren’t going to agree a new deal because now it’s painting Dom as a villain for not leaving and the club will get away Scot free

He turned down a move to Newcastle because they weren’t matching his ludicrous wage demands, so he is the villain.

I guess a willingness to go is less bad than refusing to and winding down to free agency but yeah it’s not ideal.

Its designed for maximum leverage mate, the jeopardy is he forces the move now - or leaves next year on a free - either way it serves his self interest.

If hed given us this indication earlier in the summer, we would have all shook his hand and wished him well and shared the cake - he wants it all for himself.

Lost all respect for him now, if this is true, leaves us right in the lurch - when we have other priorities to deal with.

How’s it his fault exactly? The club set too high a value on him
If he'd have said he wanted to leave just after the Newcastle/Minteh news we'd have had him replaced before the start of the season, the new lad coming in would have had a few games and been bedded in a bit by now. How are you confused that he's messing us around here?

The lad's been phoning it in for the past couple of years. Could be forgiven if he was banging them in - he isn't and he had plenty of big chances last season.

Some of his injuries have also been somewhat questionable and indeed questioned by some at the club.

I think he's a real disgrace of a footballer, actually. Wanting more and more, but doing less and less.

Shame because he comes across as a great lad.

If he'd have said he wanted to leave just after the Newcastle/Minteh news we'd have had him replaced before the start of the season, the new lad coming in would have had a few games and been bedded in a bit by now. How are you confused that he's messing us around here?
Because the club could have clairified things earlier in the summer? Say they aren’t agreeing a new deal or that he’s available for sale

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back