2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Why are you defending a rat?
You’re doing exactly what the club want, turning on the player not the club. Who allowed the contract to get down to final year? Who set an unrealistic valuation given his injury past?

Dom had never once bad mouthed the fans or the club, yet he gets trashed constantly for his fashion sense, being injured and rushed back etc and he’s the rat?

You’re doing exactly what the club want, turning on the player not the club. Who allowed the contract to get down to final year? Who set an unrealistic valuation given his injury past?

Dom had never once bad mouthed the fans or the club, yet he gets trashed constantly for his fashion sense, being injured and rushed back etc and he’s the rat?
I don't care about that. I care about him leaving it so late and asking for obvious wages we can't afford. If he knew a while back we can't give him a contract or he doesn't want a contract he should have said this earlier. It's not hard.

Yes.

😂😂😂

C’mon mate. He’s got 1 year left of his contract, he’s injury prone and his goal record is pretty poor.

I’m not saying he’s a bad player, but £35m is just daft.
Lets assume they are similar value, same age, similar goal records. How much do you knock off for last year of contract? More than half? I dont think so.

I think we are well within our right to ask for £10 more than Beto for him.

Lets assume they are similar value, same age, similar goal records. How much do you knock off for last year of contract? More than half? I dont think so.

We’ve significantly overpaid for Beto though imo.

Solanke had a much better year. I believe his contract was longer, and he hasn't had the same injury issues.

I dont think we get close to 35m
And wwhen DCL had his better year, his was much better than Solanke's. Its not like Solanke has had multiple years of top form.

£35m in this day and age for an English Premier League experienced striker is on the cheaper side.

But no, you are right we should have just asked £10-15m and then fumed afterwards we didn't ask for enough. We love an opportunity to moan at how poorly run we are.

There's a bit of blame on both sides.

If Dom wanted to leave he should have said earlier and rejected the contract - which is his right. No issue with that. Just do it earlier.

But the fact the club have planned the pre season around him despite the contract situation, has been hard to understand. He should have been transfer listed in July when the contract remained unsigned. Very poorly handled by the club as far as I'm concerned.

We’re not, not with so little time left on his contract. His injury record prior to last season negates any value on him, £15m min is less a gamble for suiters than £35m+

And wwhen DCL had his better year, his was much better than Solanke's. Its not like Solanke has had multiple years of top form.

£35m in this day and age for an English Premier League experienced striker is on the cheaper side.

But no, you are right we should have just asked £10-15m and then fumed afterwards we didn't ask for enough. We love an opportunity to moan at how poorly run we are.
I've never suggested accept 10m but I think 20m is realistic.

The circumstances aren't the same so we can't compare them. No one will bid 35m for a player with a lot of previous injuries when they can wait 9 months and get him for free.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back