2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

And wwhen DCL had his better year, his was much better than Solanke's. Its not like Solanke has had multiple years of top form.

£35m in this day and age for an English Premier League experienced striker is on the cheaper side.

But no, you are right we should have just asked £10-15m and then fumed afterwards we didn't ask for enough. We love an opportunity to moan at how poorly run we are.

It wasn’t better than Solanke’s, and it was also 4 years ago now. It’s fair to assume the player that’s just banged in 19 Premier League goals is a better player than the fella who scored 16 goals 4 years ago.

Apparently the deal Newcastle agreed was around 30 mil wasn't it? But the sticking point were his wage demands.

Not sure if that was ever confirmed but I remember that being the word at the time

Apparently the deal Newcastle agreed was around 30 mil wasn't it? But the sticking point were his wage demands.

Not sure if that was ever confirmed but I remember that being the word at the time
Minteh’s desire is to remain in the Premier League, with the player reluctant to move to French club Lyon, who Newcastle thought they had agreed a deal with. He was also set to go to Everton in return for striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin, but negotiations fell apart after Newcastle and Calvert-Lewin were unable to agree terms.

Yep. https://www.nytimes.com/athletic/5602565/2024/06/29/newcastle-psr-transfers/

Long shot, but if Brentford are after another striker to replace Toney... and Toney's only current options are in Saudi... could a swap deal be possible?

Yeah massive pinch of salt - if true to my comments.

Was is it on one of his podcasts.
He’s got a podcast and forum that you have pay for, I have no issue paying as it’s a good forum and you get some good information. He does stress to keep some things he posts off social media.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back