2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Not as bad as super bloos who go the game, watch him stroll around put next to np effort in and claim he's the only striker in the world we could have.

He's a disgrace to the shirt
Love the fact that anyone who goes the game is a superbloo, it’s a telling sign that everyone on here has the same opinion probably only about 10% of the posters on here actually go

Thomas Frank showed Everton how you should handle a contract situation like this.

Its just poor decision making by the club. It's been clear for weeks a sale was the sensible decision. Now we are in late August and running out of time.
What did Thomas Frank do? Left Toney out because he’s on the verge of a transfer to Saudi? I guarantee he plays the next game if that transfer doesn’t materialise

Solanke is the same age as DCL, have a look at Solanke's scoring record before last season.
He had one good season the championship but apart from that it is average. Certainly not 60m form over the last five or six years.
I agree Spurs have overpaid but football is about what you’ve done lately and he got 19 PL goals last season, those are eye catching numbers. Unfortunately the only number that caught anyone’s eye with Dom was the 23 games he went without scoring.

Love the fact that anyone who goes the game is a superbloo, it’s a telling sign that everyone on here has the same opinion probably only about 10% of the posters on here actually go
More or less every single person who sits around me shares the same opinion though.

He's awful and he doesn't try.

Sell asap

Its designed for maximum leverage mate, the jeopardy is he forces the move now - or leaves next year on a free - either way it serves his self interest.

If hed given us this indication earlier in the summer, we would have all shook his hand and wished him well and shared the cake - he wants it all for himself.

Lost all respect for him now, if this is true, leaves us right in the lurch - when we have other priorities to deal with.
Surely this isn't a surprise to anyone at the club? He hasn't signed a contract. We should have been alert to exactly this outcome and to be honest, nothing has changed. If anything, this might drum up an offer which we can accept or reject.

I agree Spurs have overpaid but football is about what you’ve done lately and he got 19 PL goals last season, those are eye catching numbers. Unfortunately the only number that caught anyone’s eye with Dom was the 23 games he went without scoring.
I thought the goal Welbeck scored did highlight the difference between a natural goalscoring forward and a hard working honest centre forward like DCL who will score goals but will never be prolific.

I do feel however if Solanke played in the Everton team last season he would have struggled to score as well.

I felt that leaving both Ndiaye and Lindstrom on the bench last Saturday at the start failed to address our biggest failing last season which was a total lack of creativity.

And yet has a worse goals per game and goals per min ratio in the PL than Dom does.
Sport is a ‘what have you done for me lately’ business. DCL effectively missed two consecutive seasons through very bad injuries and underperformed his xG by a considerable margin last season. Add the fact that he’s in his last year and apparently doesn’t want to resign reduces our negotiating position further.

In short, Solankes stock is the highest it’s ever been and DCL’s is at its lowest since he’s been a mainstay in our team.

I don't care about that. I care about him leaving it so late and asking for obvious wages we can't afford. If he knew a while back we can't give him a contract or he doesn't want a contract he should have said this earlier. It's not hard.
Yes, he should have, but the club can't act surprised here. They must have known his demands and/or stance when he didn't sign the contract offer.

Even if he leaves for free off contract, not a chance anyone pays him more than we already are. Also, there's only a handful of premier league teams that would have him as a starting 9. He'd even be on the bench behind Wood at Forest.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back