2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

You can't have xg if you don't shoot. He had a great shooting opportunity vs Brighton and instead fell over
Yep. Dom is not doing himself any favors. Blame the service all you want. I don’t think it is good by any means. But Dom creates very little for himself which is something lots of strikers do. The big problem with Dom right now is he is halfway out the door mentally. Time to move on.

The worst bit about this is that, I expect the teams coming in for Dom are not at the level he’d like (playing or competing for european footy).

I think he expects a Newcastle, maybe even a Spurs or Arsenal and I suspect he’s getting the likes of Brentford, Bournemouth, Fulham and Saudi clubs.

And, if that’s the case, he might wait it out and play for a better move as a free agent. We’d be powerless to force him out, really.

14 goals in last 5 seasons so far. Be mad to sell him.

The number 9 shirt was always revered. But now its mythical status.

God help the man who has to wear it when Dom hangs it up.

14 league goals in 3 seasons*

It’s actually 15 goals in all competitions in his last 75 games for us.

Avg a goal every 5 games for your number 9 isn’t good enough.

The worst bit about this is that, I expect the teams coming in for Dom are not at the level he’d like (playing or competing for european footy).

I think he expects a Newcastle, maybe even a Spurs or Arsenal and I suspect he’s getting the likes of Brentford, Bournemouth, Fulham and Saudi clubs.

And, if that’s the case, he might wait it out and play for a better move as a free agent. We’d be powerless to force him out, really.

He's probably thinking anything's better than this.
He's wanted out for ages.
Villa away last year was probably when he made his mind up.
With better service he might be able to play at a higher level.
Who knows?

First time I've thought that we may as well give Beto a run.

DCL is an afternoon off for defenders these days. Without the the hard running and fighting for every ball, there's no natural ability there to fall back on.

Beto is very poor for me.

Calvert Lewin looks to have checked out. Maybe that changes if he's somehow here beyond September.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back