2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

He doesn’t care one jot about playing for Everton Football Club in my eyes. I know as a whole the last two games have been poor but he has stood out as looking particularly unbothered. Got to sell if someone offers about £15m

The decision not to sell this summer is yet another big strategic error from the club.

This should have been number 1 priority this summer. Extend or sell.

Yet the club just kept playing him throughout pre season and into the start of the season. It's a complete mess and the club have handled it poorly. The lack of clarity is extremely unhelpful.
I honestly think they're scared to let him go.

Unless I'm forgetting somebody, they haven't managed to sign another PL-level striker in the seven years since he joined.

Not for a want of spending, either.

The decision not to sell this summer is yet another big strategic error from the club.

This should have been number 1 priority this summer. Extend or sell.

Yet the club just kept playing him throughout pre season and into the start of the season. It's a complete mess and the club have handled it poorly. The lack of clarity is extremely unhelpful.
you need to have someone who actually wants to pay cash for him. telling newcastle we wanted 35m i think it was but don’t quote mate is pricing him out the mine and giving us minteh on top of that is brain dead. if it was based on money he wanted then he’s a bigger helmet for thinking he’s better then he is but one things for sure he’s got to go now 1 shot on target in 2 games is ridiculous for someone who thinks their elite

I honestly think they're scared to let him go.

Unless I'm forgetting somebody, they haven't managed to sign another PL-level striker in the seven years since he joined.

Not for a want of spending, either.
Our recruitment of attacking players has been truly dreadful for years. They are stuck in a different era of football and only seem to want target man number 9 centre forwards. The game has changed and we haven't. We must be the slowest team in the league by far.

Must be an absolute dream for centre halves as well.
Any team must love our Hoof ball & our slow wingers too..... only if DCL could sniff at the chances Ollie Watkins got today & fluffed
Harrison had one chance - He blew that in the first half to make it 1-1 - understand our keeper let 3 easy bad mistakes to lead to goals - he was laughing at the end of the game ....

DCL wants away so if no one comes in for him he stays & plays his contract down - like Maupay who refused a move this week again over not enough wages - we look & are relegation fodder ATM - do not think any other no 9 is going to change things when the service is HOOFBALL....

Last edited:
Must be an absolute dream for centre halves as well.

When he's bang at it as a front man he's superb. He wins aerial duels, draws defenders out of position and that helps bring others higher up the pitch.

What were currently seeing is the striker who went 15+ games without a goal last season but now with the added burden of no contract signed and he and us as a club are looking like a pair of prized tits.

I'm fairly sure he's been advised badly and thought there would be a number of clubs in fir him.

He's actually done us a favour by nit signing the contract. He's worth about 70k a week tops so if it's true we are offering over 100k a week, then we are just one injury away from looking like absolute mugs again

Our recruitment of attacking players has been truly dreadful for years. They are stuck in a different era of football and only seem to want target man number 9 centre forwards. The game has changed and we haven't. We must be the slowest team in the league by far.

We have gone for players with pace and it's never panned out (Mudryk, Gnonto, Kudus) but you'd really just think it can't be difficult to have some pace in the team.

I mean, Adame Traore was on a free 2 seasons ago. End product is absolutely pony but the lad runs and is currently getting some lease of life at Fulham

When he's bang at it as a front man he's superb. He wins aerial duels, draws defenders out of position and that helps bring others higher up the pitch.

What were currently seeing is the striker who went 15+ games without a goal last season but now with the added burden of no contract signed and he and us as a club are looking like a pair of prized tits.

I'm fairly sure he's been advised badly and thought there would be a number of clubs in fir him.

He's actually done us a favour by nit signing the contract. He's worth about 70k a week tops so if it's true we are offering over 100k a week, then we are just one injury away from looking like absolute mugs again
Not with the service of HOOFBALL & Doucs as your striking partner ....

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back