2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Not with the service of HOOFBALL & Doucs as your striking partner ....

It's not just about the service Joey. Go back and watch the Derby game at Goodison last season. Watch how he goes to war with their centre halves. VVD doesn't want anything to do with him. He drags the pair of them all over the shop. Hounds them, hungry to win his own battle.

Last week and today, he's playing so far within himself because he doesn't want to risk injury for his next move. It's embarrassing for us to be selecting him at this moment and embarrassing for him as I'm pretty sure he's the fittest he's been in a long time but is in no way, shape or form going to battle

He's going through the motions. He's not leading from the front, he's not galvanising the team. If I'm his teammate right now I'm not thinking he's going to win us a game or grab us a point.

It's not just about the service Joey. Go back and watch the Derby game at Goodison last season. Watch how he goes to war with their centre halves. VVD doesn't want anything to do with him. He drags the pair of them all over the shop. Hounds them, hungry to win his own battle.

Last week and today, he's playing so far within himself because he doesn't want to risk injury for his next move. It's embarrassing for us to be selecting him at this moment and embarrassing for him as I'm pretty sure he's the fittest he's been in a long time but is in no way, shape or form going to battle

He's going through the motions. He's not leading from the front, he's not galvanising the team. If I'm his teammate right now I'm not thinking he's going to win us a game or grab us a point.
If we could have played like that every week without point deductions, I agree we could have come close to a European place - one game does not make a team - I was crying with happiness that night -DCL is just going through the motions as you point out not closing down - in a new team he would ....

If we could have played like that every week without point deductions, I agree we could have come close to a European place - one game does not make a team - I was crying with happiness that night -DCL is just going through the motions as you point out not closing down - in a new team he would ....

It's a sad state of affairs we find ourselves in mate.

At his very best he's a good outlet for a team like us that plays direct football. Given that he only reaches those levels for about a quarter of a season we should have been looking to get rid a long time ago.

I hope we're doing our best to get a fee for him over the next week. Biggest stumbling block I'm sure will be his wages. No one is going to pay what he wants when he's going to be just the back up striker.

Spot on that.

Think it's time to sell him his situation isn't helping and we need the funds
Pickford - the left back Gana Guye - Keane - the two slowest wingers in the prem could have all fetched funds in & been replaced mate & DCL or Beto ? No one seemed to want them - plus add Maupay to that list almost went this week - they would not pay his high wages ... a big theme arising here they don't want to leave unless they get a pay rise & DCL is the prime example as you keep mentioning ....

We overpaid them all from day one .....

Spot on. Reminds me of when Lescott checked out if you have a key player who wants out it infects the whole team.

Looks like he’s running on eggshells.

Where's his work rate gone, he used to pull his pan out and be a right nuisance, he's too easy to play against at the minute.

I like Dom but this situation needs sorting because people are turning on him even more than already.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back