2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

The frustrating thing with Dom is how much the club has stuck with him through his injuries and goal droughts only for him to bin us off to get an unrealistic salary elsewhere.

Appreciate throughout his time he’s had a lot of misery guts on his case. But I think his support to performance ratio must be one of the best ever in the league. Because he’s plodded about serving up some shocking performances year after year but been backed nonetheless

The frustrating thing with Dom is how much the club has stuck with him through his injuries and goal droughts only for him to bin us off to get an unrealistic salary elsewhere.

Appreciate throughout his time he’s had a lot of misery guts on his case. But I think his support to performance ratio must be one of the best ever in the league. Because he’s plodded about serving up some shocking performances year after year but been backed nonetheless

DCL for the last 12 to 18 months has based himself in and around London for the majority of his week.

He has committed only to new TV and outside football deals all why not signing up with the club.

This all whilst being rehabilated by the club who admittedly pushed him hard at times.

The writing is on the wall and has been for months.

Get him gone. Can’t stand players with no loyalty and happy to go through the motions.
I agree mate if he doesn't want to play for us give Beto a proper chance.
I personally think his attitude stinks we stuck with him through his physical and mental problems where he hardly played for 2 years .
I think the booing at Villa was the point he was finished with the club and though it was wrong he needs to get over it.
Beto is very raw he is much more of a natural finisher.

On his day he’s a good centre forward, who’s been feeding of scraps for far too long. I don’t blame him for wanting to move, it’s his career at the end of the day.

However, clearly he’s started to down tools now & is refusing to sign a contract still. It’s only going to go one way with the fanbase (any fanbase really). Needs to be moved on or taken out the team asap.

On his day he’s a good centre forward, who’s been feeding of scraps for far too long. I don’t blame him for wanting to move, it’s his career at the end of the day.

However, clearly he’s started to down tools now & is refusing to sign a contract still. It’s only going to go one way with the fanbase (any fanbase really). Needs to be moved on or taken out the team asap.
Sadly his days are few and far between in recent times

Chelsea are considering Everton's England striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin, 27, as a cheaper option than Napoli's Victor Osimhen, 25, because of the Nigeria striker's wage demands

Jesus Christ… That’s like looking at a Ferrari and then deciding it’s too expensive so going for a 2nd hand Citroen Xsara Picasso with a wheel trim missing instead.

Good luck at Chelsea. He will always be a striker than misses chances, he’s not natural, but he will do infinitely better in a side that actually create.

It will be an inflated fee, was obvious a mile off.

In return we will sign one or two from them, for again inflated prices.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back