2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Ih he went to Chelsea he'll disappear into oblivion. Not that I'm arsed like.
He’s a rich man (and good luck to him) who appears to have other interests, young family and is possibly winding his playing career down already. Arguably he also peaked a few years ago under CA.

Given his well publicised interest in the fashion/media side of things, would expect a move to West London would be rather attractive to him. Fine, lets make this a win win all round and stick Chelsea for the highest fee possible.

Wherever he goes, he will likely be a second choice. Considering his injury record and inconsistent performances, he is really fortunate to be a starting Premier League player for Everton.

At one point, I thought he was ahead of players like Mateta, Muniz, Welbeck, and Wood. However, at this moment, he wouldn't replace any of them. The clubs where he could start, such as Southampton or Ipswich, either couldn't afford him or have alternatives they prefer to develop. He finds himself in a challenging situation, I can't see one club where he fit's other than Everton.

Really can't see anyone who he actually wants to play for coming in for him. In the unlikely event they do, he'll be a backup/plan B from the bench and won't be paid anywhere near what we're offering him.

Was just thinking (aside from the more recently resurfaced Newcastle rumours) that if he did go to Chelsea, you’d want to get a couple of loans out of it as well finances permitting, however if you wanted some of your younger players out on loan, you wouldn’t mind loaning a defender to us as they’ll see plenty of actions and it’s a good development opportunity for them, but would you be wanting to see any of your more attacking options come to Everton? They’d barely see any of the ball. Not mock opportunity for development there.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back