2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Better ask Zat which of the Chelsea bomb squad unknowns we should go for.
Please not Broja but you know it will be.
Possibly Fofana ( or has the striker left on loan already?
The best and most likely fit for us is Chalobah who can play RB and CB but it still leaves gaping holes in midfield , RW and up front.
You'd only sign Chalobah if you can shift Keane , Holgate and Maupay and also bring others in
Looking grim .

Chalobah positions played

If we could bring in both Chukwuemeka and Chalobah we could sell Patterson, Keane, Holgate and Doucoure.

Perhaps one as a swap for DCL and the other for a loan with option.

If only one, it has to be Chukwuemeka simply because he can form a new look midfield with Garner and Iroegbunam.

Very happy with either for DCL.

proper sickener that we missed out on Minteh because of Dom’s wage demands - looks destined for the very top and exactly what we are missing!

For me, it was the turning point of the window.

Had we jettisoned DCL and brought in Minteh we'd have the right winger with dynamic pace and threat.

Additionally with his age, he and Dixon may be able to form a partnership over time and their pace down the flank adds alot of value.

He's not an outlet in any shape or form. Not even for the defence or midfield to just punt a ball over the top and go chase that. As basic as it is i think at least beto would create a bit of panic. And maybe show a bit more hunger.
Right now he's a dream for any centre half.

He has just regressed on the dribble as opposed to what we saw coming back from injury. Some players never get over their clumsy streak no matter how hard they try. He would definitely be a better fit at a club that gets crosses in where his on the ball skills won’t be as vital.

Honestly think stuff on broja is a bit harsh, still young and been all over the place...although I do caveat with the fact that I have never seen him play 😆

If he doesn’t want to stay then sell him, could still see him at Chelsea, would we take a couple of their players? Sterling? Broja? Can Chilwell play RB?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back