2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Theyre not going to be inventing stats to try to make Calvert Lewin look good though are they?

The reality is, it shows Calvert Lewin is working hard, and his detractors are again very confused. But that's nothing new.
Right because agents have never pushed stories through journalists. They'd never use the media like that would they catcher.

The stat shows he's making runs. That's all.

He might be making a lot of runs but are they good runs?

I see him out wide in possession on how own far too much. That's because we hoof it up there and he's the only one with the pace to chase it but as a consequence of that he's left isolated on his own with nobody to pass to because they're all glacially slow behind him.

His isolation is a feature of Dyche, not a glitch.

That definitely happens but I question how much of it is down to everyone else hiding. He has a habit of running down blind alleys without looking up.

Some of that is his own fault with the runs he makes out wide constantly and never stopping to look up for a pass until he's ran the length of the pitch and has nobody to pass to.

He seems to always be running wide and never centrally. That's probably a choice forced on him because we don't have anyone who can thread a ball through since James and Gylfi left.
He and the team as a whole have been awful this season so far, no issue with saying that.

His agent isn't pushing it though mate. It's a stat from Sky Sports.
Actually it's a stat from second spectrum data according to the sky sports graphic and I cannot find a definition of what it means anywhere on the internet.

The only place it seems to have ever appeared is on previous sky sports graphics for Ollie Watkins and Nicholas Jackson last year.

Make of that what you will.

As I said to Goat i think it might be the lack of player to thread a through ball centrally rather than big hoofs over the back line to the corners for him to chase.

I hope N'Diaye or Lindstrom get the opportunity to do this.
We definitely have a lack of creativity in our midfield and the full backs don’t get forward enough, maybe that’s under the instruction of Dyche or because the average age of the right backs is 38 or whatever it is.

I don't think it's that bizarre. It just means the ball is hoofed to him and there's no one around for him to knock it on to, or the ball is played into the channel for him with no one to pass to. It seems like a statistic that passes the eye test, at least to me.

He receives the ball with no one around him and constantly makes runs that no one pays attention to. That sums up a lot of the first two matches to me.

The question is what will he do with other players around him and having the ball played to him. Based on last season's scoring record, he won't be doing much.
It doesn't matter who you play up front, unless they have some support with them then there is no point in just punting a long ball up to them.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back