Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

2024/25 Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Ideally, you play to a striker's strengths, rather than expecting a striker to play a game that doesn't suit him. Look back to the goals under Ancelotti...

Why haven't we done that ever since?

So to play to his strengths , we need to create 2-3 chances a game from no further than 7 yards out?

If you’re doing that, then almost any other striker in the league would flourish

So to play to his strengths , we need to create 2-3 chances a game from no further than 7 yards out?

If you’re doing that, then almost any other striker in the league would flourish
I'm appreciating your point, however as a layman I do wonder why do we not try to do the simple things, right? It doesn't have to be seven yards, but in the box.

I watch my son play (academy level) and week in, week out I watch them do it well; I watch other teams attempt it, and do it better than we do. Why?

Put simply, I'm pretty fed up with us getting forward and then slowing it down in the final third. N'Diyae is helping alleviate that, but it's Dyche's tactical system.

Dom is far from perfect as a striker, however I do believe that for whatever reason we're not playing to his strengths, which we should do as he's our best option.

Was a pretty hard game for him. Yesterday, had 2-3 good runs that ended in the shot in the first half and the free kick in the adding time. He also had one good chance that might go in at the rebound, and probably ended up with a pen.

Surely he would benefit from a bit more attacking set up that we had against Bournemouth. He scored his 2 first big chances this season against them and also the set piece against Villa,

But yet, he misses that clinicalness this season again, he's already at 5 big chances (4th in the league) missed this season with 2 goals scored, while taking 15 shots.

He doesn't get 3-4 chances every game, but he doesn't get none either. I still don't see the striker in him that moves us forward next season and justifies being at 100k+ salary.

Thats one thing have got last few games beto will be gone if dyche still in charge

I presume Broja will be in contention after the break. You can certainly see a scenario where he's the one coming off the bench instead of Beto who will probably get loaned out next season.

Also where on earth is Chermiti, I didn't realise he had some three month injury.

DCL is just weak and lacks aggression and desire. Gets muscled out of it on a regular basis and when did you last see him sliding in on the end of a ball fizzed across the area. Admittedly we don't see many, but when we do he needs to be there to knock it in. We never see him 1st to those balls. No aggression. No desire.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back