Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
...amazing how a players profile can soar in 12 months. Delighted for the lad, straight from his first interview you could see he was a credit to his parents and he's managed to progress on the pitch as well. He's effective rather than 'wow' but he's clearly got plenty of potential.

Congratulations young man.

First time ive seen it today...makes himself available (a bit like davies) as much as possible, continuous movement it seemed like.

Also, not afraid to track back and put himself about abit.

Lads just because Kane took a while to get doesn't mean DCL will get there.
This is as embarrassing as those comparing Joel to Southall.
Stop it

I don't think anyone is saying he will get there. He might do. He might not do. It's just a comparison of 2 young strikers. That's all.

But saying he's going to be crap is just as bad as saying he's going to be great.

There is no way of telling which way he will go.

...amazing how a players profile can soar in 12 months. Delighted for the lad, straight from his first interview you could see he was a credit to his parents and he's managed to progress on the pitch as well. He's effective rather than 'wow' but he's clearly got plenty of potential.

Congratulations young man.
I'll take Effective - like his headed goal and tonight's one which had large elements of Latchford: put through, shoots, saved/rebound, pokes it in.

Great to see we have such confident and talented young lads in our club. Success breads success, as they will bring back a positive vibe to the place. Congratulations young blues. The future is bright.

I don't think anyone is saying he will get there. He might do. He might not do. It's just a comparison of 2 young strikers. That's all.

But saying he's going to be crap is just as bad as saying he's going to be great.

There is no way of telling which way he will go.

I've not said he's crap. But people overhyping him will do him no favours whatsoever

I'll take Effective - like his headed goal and tonight's one which had large elements of Latchford: put through, shoots, saved/rebound, pokes it in.

..absolutely, but you have to see there's the potential for greater dimension to his game. The lad played out wide in some of the earlier games and never let his team down and then played beyond Solanke in attack. He's clearly the type managers like because he plays for the cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back