Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recall spending 12months declaring him the worst Striker I had seen, then the magic happened, it doesnt mean we were wrong frandel, it simply means Kane was being a fraud.

I remember watching him get put through, running onto the ball 30 yards out, next touch to take it under control passes it back to their goalkeeper.

He hoodwinked us the utter fraudy ratfink Osman snake in the grass.

Remember Harry Kane playing for the Youth and he was hopeless. Didn't think he would ever make it.
Lids using him as an example of why DCL will make it is a bit of a stretch though mate.

Most youth players won't make it and while I obviously hope DCL does, it's hardly nailed on that he will just because Kane did.

Lids using him as an example of why DCL will make it is a bit of a stretch though mate.

Most youth players won't make it and while I obviously hope DCL does, it's hardly nailed on that he will just because Kane did.

I agree. Just saying that DCL is easily on the level Kane was as a youth but since then Kane has come on leap and bounds so just hoping DCL has ample room for improvement because he certainly needs to improve.

I see not a lot in the lad, but hes rated very, very highly by Ronny and others in the game, so clearly hes either not showing it in games yet or he just needs a run to show what hes got.

..absolutely, but you have to see there's the potential for greater dimension to his game. The lad played out wide in some of the earlier games and never let his team down and then played beyond Solanke in attack. He's clearly the type managers like because he plays for the cause.
As you say Potential, my crystal ball is hazy as yet, but there might be hints (early days, who can really tell, one swallow, etc. etc.) of the raw beginner Sharp-esque type.
I know I've mentioned 2 legends, (who did effective very well and edged it into wow on a few occasions) but everybody has to start somewhere - where you finish is in the laps of the various gods of football.
It's long odds, but they do come up.
This IS Everton though.

I see not a lot in the lad, but hes rated very, very highly by Ronny and others in the game, so clearly hes either not showing it in games yet or he just needs a run to show what hes got.
True and Ronny knows far more about football than I ever will.

He also signed Bolasie though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back