Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah you're right. Everton aren't about being ruthless and having a winning mentality. We need another Mr Nice Guy to win us the 72 point trophy.
I dont mind a tough manager. I welcome it in fact.

He's not a terrible man. I'm not saying that. Probably a nice feller away from football. But I was asked what I thought of him as an Everton manager. For the above reasons I dont rate him.

Anyway. He's here and he's had a half decent first season and we'll have to see what he does this season.

Hopefully he gets it right and all the BS will have been worth while.

He looks for confrontation with players and other managers, his treatment of Niasse in particular was scandalous. The advice to Lukaku that he'd have failed in his career if he ended it at Everton was an utter disgrace. The constant self promotion regarding his "relationship" with Barcelona which completely undermines the status of this club.

An utter wrong un. Never in a million years an Everton manager. If he's the type of man who we think is appropriate then this club has gone badly wrong from a moral perspective.

I don't think he looks for confrontation. I think he appreciates Everton is the biggest job he's been given with the most money ever. In that regard I believe he knew Lukaku was a big saleable asset and knew he was thinking about leaving, and knew it would make the club money. I agree with you that I found his comments disappointing at that time, but I do understand his thinking. I believe Koeman wants to achieve glory at Everton and do a good job and just is philosophical about the Lukaku situation, he understood he might be an elite player and knew Everton were far away from the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid etc. though. He has explained the Barcelona speculation fairly in my opinion, explained how Barcelona is part of his life, but he has assured everyone he's here for 3 years and for his contract. @davek imo you are a solid, proper evertonian, (I doubt anyone doubts that, you are more evertonian than most and very intelligent) but being anti-koeman as a stance is not right. you should be fairer to him. Koeman has said nothing wrong about DCL and he could not be expected to turn us into champions league contenders in one season. He is now trying to buy elite players and get us in the top 3/4 and I see no obvious reason why you don't like him as 'a man' - he's top-class a man and was a top-class footballer. He is genuine and decent and thoughtful, much like you.

I don't think he looks for confrontation. I think he appreciates Everton is the biggest job he's been given with the most money ever. In that regard I believe he knew Lukaku was a big saleable asset and knew he was thinking about leaving, and knew it would make the club money. I agree with you that I found his comments disappointing at that time, but I do understand his thinking. I believe Koeman wants to achieve glory at Everton and do a good job and just is philosophical about the Lukaku situation, he understood he might be an elite player and knew Everton were far away from the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid etc. though. He has explained the Barcelona speculation fairly in my opinion, explained how Barcelona is part of his life, but he has assured everyone he's here for 3 years and for his contract. @davek imo you are a solid, proper evertonian, (I doubt anyone doubts that, you are more evertonian than most and very intelligent) but being anti-koeman as a stance is not right. you should be fairer to him. Koeman has said nothing wrong about DCL and he could not be expected to turn us into champions league contenders in one season. He is now trying to buy elite players and get us in the top 3/4 and I see no obvious reason why you don't like him as 'a man' - he's top-class a man and was a top-class footballer. He is genuine and decent and thoughtful, much like you.

As I said in another post, I don't like him as a football man. I don't respect that way of operating and I hate that an Everton manager acts that way. He's boorish and arrogant. Now that's just about "ok" if you're a multiple winner of major trophies, but it's hard to accept from a man who is, IMO and based on his record, a bang average coach.

Koeman would have stayed at Southampton and rejected Everton's advances if they had agreed to his requirements. He is a class act and he wants to do a good job for and at Everton. There are very few against that so please let's all get behind him. like @hktoffee, @MorgsGoat, @nsno-chris, @ianefc, @Mikey_Fitzgerald and many others. DCL is the best, most professional centre-forward u-20 in england

As I said in another post, I don't like him as a football man. I don't respect that way of operating and I hate that an Everton manager acts that way. He's boorish and arrogant. Now that's just about "ok" if you're a multiple winner of major trophies, but it's hard to accept from a man who is, IMO and based on his record, a bang average coach.

how is a manager who has won 8 trophies bang average @davek ? in 3 different countries. ridiculous. he's top-class

Koeman would have stayed at Southampton and rejected Everton's advances if they had agreed to his requirements. He is a class act and he wants to do a good job for and at Everton. There are very few against that so please let's all get behind him. like @hktoffee, @MorgsGoat, @nsno-chris, @ianefc, @Mikey_Fitzgerald and many others. DCL is the best, most professional centre-forward u-20 in england

??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back