Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair enough mate. Forgot about Paul power (what a signing he proved to be) proved all the doubters wrong. Langley and Adams were far from regulars in that title winning side, although I think. It's picked up championship medals, but I think they were more as subs than starters.

Power played 40 games for us that season, and he was only bought as cover! He had given his whole career to Man City, and they let him go when they (obviously) thought he had nothing left to give them. I remember when he played for us at Maine Road that season, the Man City fans booed him! Disgraceful.

Langley played 16 games; Adams 10. Still far too many for both of them, as they were only really emergency cover. Neil Poynton was another addition, playing 10 games. There were some greenhorns in that team (because of regular injuries, if I recall correctly), and yet they came through.

Attacking options were vested in Heath & Sharp in 86/87.

Power played 40 games for us that season, and he was only bought as cover! He had given his whole career to Man City, and they let him go when they (obviously) thought he had nothing left to give them. I remember when he played for us at Maine Road that season, the Man City fans booed him! Disgraceful.

Langley played 16 games; Adams 10. Still far too many for both of them, as they were only really emergency cover. Neil Poynton was another addition, playing 10 games. There were some greenhorns in that team (because of regular injuries, if I recall correctly), and yet they came through.

Attacking options were vested in Heath & Sharp in 86/87.
Wasnt Wayne Clarke one of our striking options that season. Vaguely remember him scoring winner away to Spurs who were our closest challengers.

Wasnt Wayne Clarke one of our striking options that season. Vaguely remember him scoring winner away to Spurs who were our closest challengers.

Yeah, Clarke played 10 games, and from what I can see from the book with the stats for every season up to 92/93, he played when Sharp was out (I presume injured). Clarke scored the only goal in the Charity Shield against Coventry City in August of 1987.

I've got to say, Dave's campaign against this lad because he doesn't like Koeman is beneath even him

It's one thing to have a go at long time pro's like Williams, Jags, Baines etc, but when you're getting stuck into a young lad who still has a way to develop because you're still bitter over the previous manager getting sacked really is the behaviour of a deeply unpleasant human being. It crosses a line from being a WUM to something far more sinister

It really needs knocking on the head. There's plenty of avenues to lay into Koeman, justified or not, there's zero reason to drag DCL into it all. We need to be backing and supporting our young players, not having a pop at them because you don't like the manager. If you don't like the manager then take him on, not the kid doing his best to get better

I've got to say, Dave's campaign against this lad because he doesn't like Koeman is beneath even him

It's one thing to have a go at long time pro's like Williams, Jags, Baines etc, but when you're getting stuck into a young lad who still has a way to develop because you're still bitter over the previous manager getting sacked really is the behaviour of a deeply unpleasant human being. It crosses a line from being a WUM to something far more sinister

It really needs knocking on the head. There's plenty of avenues to lay into Koeman, justified or not, there's zero reason to drag DCL into it all. We need to be backing and supporting our young players, not having a pop at them because you don't like the manager. If you don't like the manager then take him on, not the kid doing his best to get better
Well said lad.

He only has a downer on Koeman because he's not El Fraudo, not because he had man love for El Fraudo either, he's protecting his colossal ego, as he backed the donkey to the hilt, and then he predictably bombed. I've no idea what kind of an Evertonian gets satisfaction after a defeat so he can lay into the manager, it was noticeable last season that he was rarely seen soon after a good result - which was practically every home game.......meh.

He only has a downer on Koeman because he's not El Fraudo, not because he had man love for El Fraudo either, he's protecting his colossal ego, as he backed the donkey to the hilt, and then he predictably bombed. I've no idea what kind of an Evertonian gets satisfaction after a defeat so he can lay into the manager, it was noticeable last season that he was rarely seen soon after a good result - which was practically every home game.......meh.

If he has a downer on Koeman then fine, Koeman's an experienced pro who has put years into the sport, he can handle himself

I don't agree with Dave's reasons for hating him, but that's Dave's prerogative and he can hate whoever he wants

What I think is very rum indeed is the fact he's having a pop at a young pro trying to make his way in the sport just because he has a cob on for the man who signed him. It's grossly unfair to the player in question and he's getting caught in the crossfire. Let's be straight here, if DCL was a
Martinez buy then Dave would LOVE him. We all know this and most importantly Dave knows this, although I'm sure he'll deny it in due course. But no, Koeman signed him so the knives have to be out.

If he wants to have a go at Williams then fine, Williams has been playing for years. But DCL? Sorry, that just doesn't sit well with me.

The younger players need to be left out of this IMO

I'm just relieved that I'm not the only person that thinks this

If RK is going to play DCL I would prefer to see him at centre forward perhaps from the bench or starting leaugue cup games.

I don't think he can play wide.

Clarke didn't sign until the March, back in the days when there was no transfer window. It was Arsenal he scored the winner against, lob from 40 yards over Lukic Hat-trick against Newcastle a couple of weeks later too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back