Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem is that we've all see his first touch and his decision making (turning into trouble; poor distribution). You cant un-see that.

It sounds like a witch hunt. It really isn't. I dont blame him. He doesn't choose himself or where he's played.

Even in that U20 WC he looked ropey. There's nothing there. I dearly want to be piped down by this lad next season. But he'll have to find a game in order to do that. Good luck to him but the signs are that he's not the class we're after.
Sorry to say I have to agree. I missed the first U20 WC game where he scored a great header but watching the other games, up to the final, he was poor and was justifiably dropped for one. The final was the first good game I've ever seen him have.
I hope he's one of the exceptions who are able to come on greatly after reaching their twenties but watching Sandro and his intelligent running and link up play is like watching a footballer from a different planet. That's why I'm desperate that we complete on Sandro because otherwise we may well end up with DCL starting on the left in some games when he would be better served by a loan out somewhere.
Having said that we seem to be lining up Gray / Niang in case the Sandro deal falls through so hopefully there'll be an alternative in place by season's start.

Korman sees something in him so good enough for me. I see good and bad things in his game but I will give him time as he has only arrived and is learning the game
FM and fifa bed wetters expectin the finished article is laughable

He cant do that with all the forwards he buys. No one will believe that.

Forwards: he's clueless about them. Lukaku leaving will be disastrous.

You have no idea what forwards he would buy, cos hes NEVER bought a player in his managerial career, every club hes been at has had a DoF.

Thats not to say he doesnt have input, but anybody who thinks Ronny is gonna waste time scouting a young lad at Sheff Utd clearly has no sense of realism.

The only reason he went to Malaga to watch Sandro is the golf course there.

Sorry to say I have to agree. I missed the first U20 WC game where he scored a great header but watching the other games, up to the final, he was poor and was justifiably dropped for one. The final was the first good game I've ever seen him have.
I hope he's one of the exceptions who are able to come on greatly after reaching their twenties but watching Sandro and his intelligent running and link up play is like watching a footballer from a different planet. That's why I'm desperate that we complete on Sandro because otherwise we may well end up with DCL starting on the left in some games when he would be better served by a loan out somewhere.
Having said that we seem to be lining up Gray / Niang in case the Sandro deal falls through so hopefully there'll be an alternative in place by season's start.

He wasn't poor in the semi final either.

I honestly don't get what people expect from a lad who signed from a league 1 (at the time) club and has played less than 2 handful of top flight games.

Is he going to be our main forward next season? No he isn't. Will he get more experience that will make him loads and loads better? Yes he will.

Give the kid a break.

He wasn't poor in the semi final either.

I honestly don't get what people expect from a lad who signed from a league 1 (at the time) club and has played less than 2 handful of top flight games.

Is he going to be our main forward next season? No he isn't. Will he get more experience that will make him loads and loads better? Yes he will.

Give the kid a break.

Ive yet to be impressed by anything hes done, but hes got the next 2-3 years to kick on, not the last 2-3 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back