Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.

giphy.gif

I thought Calvert Lewin was half decent when he started getting game time for us.. it was united away that was a little alarming when he came on and then he was never the same player since

Hopefully he can offer us something this year but it's make or break this season I'd say
He was poor at united and the same again against the RS. Saying that he was in good company that day, because the whole team were poor against the RS.
My take on him. He's obviously a talented boy, but hes just come from a league one club. He got more game time last year, then was probably intended due to injuries.
With the recruitment I expect us to make in the coming weeks, I expect him to fall further down the pecking order. I would like to see him go on loan to a decent championship outfit (you only have to look at the impact Abraham made at Bristol city) come back to us in a years time and just maybe he will be ready to fight for his place in the side.

I havent written him off, but so far I see nothing in his game to suggest hes gonna be anything other than average.

But Ronny rates him very highly, so clearly hes doing something right in training and its just maybe nerves or being played out of position.

I mean surely its ok to say that so far hes been utter dirge?

Doesnt mean I think the lad is rubbish and should be sold.

He won't make it but will be Koemans version of what Kone was with Martinez and Neville was with Moyes in that they get a game but no one knows why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back