Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the internet mate. Who cares?

No one who sits near me has written him off.

Unless they're keeping it really quiet, whichever game it was when he got injured, there was genuine disappointment when he went off. The same fans were made up when he got that comeback goal.
He's 20 and just scored the winner in a world cup final for his age group. Clearly he'll never make it as a Premier player. Sell.;)

Funny to see him written off by so many.

He's far from being effective last season but it's bloody foolish to assume he will never improve his game from now onwards.

He's 20 and just scored the winner in a world cup final for his age group. Clearly he'll never make it as a Premier player. Sell.;)
Yep.lol

Played about 10 games, was the only one who stood up at Anfield, now completely written off.

I'm sure he's gutted.

All credit to Unsworth for identifying and signing him.

I'm not saying he's going to 'make it' or anything like that, but I'm not going to write the kid off.

Yep.lol

Played about 10 games, was the only one who stood up at Anfield, now completely written off.

I'm sure he's gutted.

I'm not saying he's going to 'make it' or anything like that, but I'm not going to write the kid off.
Standing up was about the best he managed. He was utterly rancid that day.

Yep.lol

I'm sure he's gutted.

You probably picked the wrong example with the derby mate but he was played out of position and shouldn't have been picked to start with. I'd defo have gone with Mirallas in that game. But everything else I agree with 100%.

I see a bit of Harry Kane in him when he was the same age.

You probably picked the wrong example with the derby mate but he was played out of position and shouldn't have been picked to start with. I'd defo have gone with Mirallas in that game. But everything else I agree with 100%.

I see a bit of Harry Kane in him when he was the same age.
I thought he did well in the Derby, never stopped running

I thought he did well in the Derby, never stopped running
He certainly did no worse than the other forward players and, as you say, he worked hard. He always puts in a shift in fairness. But he doesn't have enough creativity in his locker, or the ability to beat his man that the modern wide forward role demands. He's more of a lead the line type player. Saw a couple of games he played early season for the U23s with Niasse playing slightly wide left, and he was excellent. The team were scoring goals for fun during that 7/8 game span and going forward were virtually unplayable. Plus he's just played in every game in the world cup, finishing up as first choice in his preferred position.

He'll have a good career I'm sure. Just don't know yet whether it will be with us as a champions league regular.

The problem is that we've all see his first touch and his decision making (turning into trouble; poor distribution). You cant un-see that.

It sounds like a witch hunt. It really isn't. I dont blame him. He doesn't choose himself or where he's played.

Even in that U20 WC he looked ropey. There's nothing there. I dearly want to be piped down by this lad next season. But he'll have to find a game in order to do that. Good luck to him but the signs are that he's not the class we're after.

Reactions: Tez
The problem is that we've all see his first touch and his decision making (turning into trouble; poor distribution). You cant un-see that.

It sounds like a witch hunt. It really isn't. I dont blame him. He doesn't choose himself or where he's played.

Even in that U20 WC he looked ropey. There's nothing there. I dearly want to be piped down by this lad next season. But he'll have to find a game in order to do that. Good luck to him but the signs are that he's not the class we're after.

It's ok because if he's rubbish we can all just invent that Koeman didn't sign him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back