Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi again Dave! :)

Summer 1986 - if Lineker leaves it will be disastrous!
Summer 1986 - Lineker leaves.
Summer 1987 - Oh look, we won the league!

Hehehe... ;)
You can't compare the 2, you're talking about one of our greatest ever teams. The team from 85-87 barely changed apart from gray and lineker. It was full of great players and quality. Sadly this team has still a long way to go. We will miss lukaku far more than we missed lineker.

Sorry to say I have to agree. I missed the first U20 WC game where he scored a great header but watching the other games, up to the final, he was poor and was justifiably dropped for one. The final was the first good game I've ever seen him have. I hope he's one of the exceptions who are able to come on greatly after reaching their twenties but watching Sandro and his intelligent running and link up play is like watching a footballer from a different planet. That's why I'm desperate that we complete on Sandro because otherwise we may well end up with DCL starting on the left in some games when he would be better served by a loan out somewhere.
Having said that we seem to be lining up Gray / Niang in case the Sandro deal falls through so hopefully there'll be an alternative in place by season's start.
Gray, Niang - then some wonder why I say this Dutchman hasn't got a clue about strikers.

You have no idea what forwards he would buy, cos hes NEVER bought a player in his managerial career, every club hes been at has had a DoF.

Thats not to say he doesnt have input, but anybody who thinks Ronny is gonna waste time scouting a young lad at Sheff Utd clearly has no sense of realism.

The only reason he went to Malaga to watch Sandro is the golf course there.
Ha Ha Ha.

I love the slack you cut this lot:

Moshiri cant be judged on net spend
Koeman cant be judged on players bought

...I've just got to hear that Elstone cant be judged on sponsorship deals now and that's your hattrick.

You can't compare the 2, you're talking about one of our greatest ever teams. The team from 85-87 barely changed apart from gray and lineker. It was full of great players and quality. Sadly this team has still a long way to go. We will miss lukaku far more than we missed lineker.

Power, Adams & Langley were three additions on a regular basis in 86/87, as well as the absence of Lineker, so your contention does not stand up to close examination.

One of our greatest ever teams was the 84/85 team. You are confusing this one with the one two seasons later...

Werner and Dembele. I'd go for Hernandez at Leverkusen too.
Thx Dave good choices maybe but u have to go easy on the young talent RK has signed Dcl and Look man I think they could be fantastic signings only time will tell don't dimiss them as dross just because of RK.

Think the lad could turn out to be very good for us. Koeman isnt the type to praise players in public but he has done with this kid. Having said that if people could just leave this thread alone unless posting pictures of his missus then that would be great!

Power, Adams & Langley were three additions on a regular basis in 86/87, as well as the absence of Lineker, so your contention does not stand up to close examination.

One of our greatest ever teams was the 84/85 team. You are confusing this one with the one two seasons later...
Fair enough mate. Forgot about Paul power (what a signing he proved to be) proved all the doubters wrong. Langley and Adams were far from regulars in that title winning side, although I think. It's picked up championship medals, but I think they were more as subs than starters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back