Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was our top assister and most productive player going forward in terms of chances before his injury.

People had pre-conceived opinions of him and because of the fee - which was considerably less than reported as, like Pickfords, it was made up of lots of add ons - refused to change those.

He's a good player who can do something out of nothing. He has pace, power and works hard. His link up with Rom was also excellent and he can play any role across the front line. He is inconsistent and frustrating, but that's part of the package. Most players like that are.

The ones that aren't inconsistent are the very best in the world

That is telling it how it is.

Edit: DCL is a good prospect. If people are slating him they're being stupid

It's not preconceived because of the fee, it's preconceived because of his performances (and statistics) for Crystal Palace. Yes he was one of our better players, but in a team who spent 10 games not winning a game that's not such a big compliment.

But DCL eh?

It's not preconceived because of the fee, it's preconceived because of his performances (and statistics) for Crystal Palace. Yes he was one of our better players, but in a team who spent 10 games not winning a game that's not such a big compliment.

But DCL eh?

I didn't say because of the fee. I said the fee didn't help.

He created loads of chances that weren't put away. If Rom and Ross had converted sitters against West Brom away, for example, he'd have had two assists within his first 15 mins as an Everton player.

But yeh, DCL is a decent player as it is. Think he's made more apps than most of us would have expected at this stage, and he's definitely not a winger.

But he has good movement and a good first touch. Got to work on his overall game but the signs are promising

IMG_4874.webp

I thought Calvert Lewin was half decent when he started getting game time for us.. it was united away that was a little alarming when he came on and then he was never the same player since

Hopefully he can offer us something this year but it's make or break this season I'd say

The bedwetters have killed Barkley, now this lad is in their sights. Sad.

Bit dramatic that mate.

Nobody has killed Barkley, he is simply not fulfilling the potential that he originally showed. That said, his game came on again in the second half of the season, he has been offered a new contract and should either get it signed and get on with life at Everton or find a new club.

As for DCL, it's only the same old guff posted in other threads about other players Koeman has signed, can't see him being that affected by it.

Reckon he is going to be a good un, excited about him and Lookman.

The bedwetters have killed Barkley, now this lad is in their sights. Sad.
There's always got to be one.

Their sense of entitlement leads them to blame one individual as if it's solely their fault for us underachieving. They can't accept that we're just not that good and it MUST be the fault of an individual. See Kenwright, Moyes, Osman, Cleverley, Bolasie. It's always one.

you obviously and disappointingly have no clue about playing football or observing a footballer's skill. very sad. the fact you have a comment I made defending Bolasie below every post you make makes you pathetic.
Lad, I still play with my socks rolled down and no shinnies like Dave Thomas. Don't you dare tell me I don't know football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back