Confirmed Signing Donny van de Beek

Status
Not open for further replies.
He really wasn't or isn't poor technically. That's a daft statement.

Physically he wasn't up to it but not a lot of players are when they come straight from Holland.

He was the captain of an Ajax side that had reached the EL final, won their league etc, and he was a regular in the Netherlands team. He isn't a poor technical player at all.
He was in our shirt. Struggled to control and pass the football. Much easier to be technically proficient in a lower level league that is much slower

I didn’t mind Klassen but he was playing a one touch pass and move game and the other 10 players were playing something completely different.
This basically. Anyone who saw him at Ajax would have known he didn't keep the ball more than a touch or two.

Still pony for us, mind.

I mean if we gonna get a DM like Pirlo, im all for it.
We do need another central mid in general. But we need someone that can carry the team like James without forcing us to build the entire team to cater to his weakness. I’ll keep dreaming, but Everton that. GL Donny lad. Once Everton has touched you, it’s over

Yeah there's loads of these about too, just have to convince them on the project
That’s not my point. I wasn’t pretending like we’d find someone of his quality. We do need someone that can carry a team. Preferably someone that we don’t have to sacrifice every position to build around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back