Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Double Liége Swoop-Defour and Witsel

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it wasn't for Champion's league, I think we would have agreed on your 15 millions euros bid.

But again, you have to keep in mind that our manager ( Luciano D'Onofrio ) knows just about everybody in the world of football ( he used to be the agent of Zidane, Henry, Deschamps, ... ), and he likes to get the best clubs* for 'his' players.
Our defender Onyewu signed with AC Milan yesterday, and you can be sure it wouldn't have happened without D'Onofrio. It's not coincidence that the official AC Milan news mentionned him.

*Oops, sorry.. I mean, Everton is a great club, but, it's not up to the likes of AC Milan, Bayern,... you know what I mea
n

rcard

Interesting post and it's funny what you say about the name (Standard instead of Liege). We do that a lot in England, Referring to Inter Milan and AC Milan when it's generally Inter and Milan. saying Inter Milan is a bit like saying Arsenal London or worse still,
Everton Liverpool. Forgive our ignorance mate
As Sotnas will tell you I think it's a similar case with his beloved Sporting clube Do Portugal, who happen to be based in Lisbon

Last edited:

Interesting post and it's funny what you say about the name (Standard instead of Liege). We do that a lot in England, Referring to Inter Milan and AC Milan when it's generally Inter and Milan. saying Inter Milan is a bit like saying Arsenal London or worse still,
Everton Liverpool. Forgive our ignorance mate
As Sotnas will tell you I think it's a similar case with his beloved Sporting clube Do Portugal, who happen to be based in Lisbon

Hoser !!

If it wasn't for Champion's league, I think we would have agreed on your 15 millions euros bid.

But again, you have to keep in mind that our manager ( Luciano D'Onofrio ) knows just about everybody in the world of football ( he used to be the agent of Zidane, Henry, Deschamps, ... ), and he likes to get the best clubs* for 'his' players.
Our defender Onyewu signed with AC Milan yesterday, and you can be sure it wouldn't have happened without D'Onofrio. It's not coincidence that the official AC Milan news mentionned him.

*Oops, sorry.. I mean, Everton is a great club, but, it's not up to the likes of AC Milan, Bayern,... you know what I mean

lol, don't worry mate I'm a realist (normally!).

Always nice to get a different perspective on things, so thanks (y)

Defour is Aston Villas version of our Moutinho;

View topic - Speculation: Steven Defour (Standard Liege) :: VillaTalk ::

Just looking at that post, had to laugh at this bit;

View topic - Players Signed By O'Neill :: VillaTalk ::
The grass is always greener eh.
Just had a look at Grand Old Team @ Everton forum and they couldn't stop arguing how Fellaini was utter [Poor language removed]. Worst flop in Evertons history. Not worthy a starting spot. Yet on here people claim he is brilliant and better then Defour and Witsel.
The same way MON is looked upon as a fantastic manager outside Villa boards. And very astute in the transfer market. Yet on Villa boards he is utter [Poor language removed].
Now, I know some think we paid too much for Fellaini, some think hes too slow, some say he cant tackle and some dont like the lad because of his hair. But thats a bit over the top! :lol:

Agent confirms Everton push for Standard Liege's Defour | Premiership News | tribalfootball.com

The agent of Steven Defour has welcomed interest from Everton in the Standard Liege midfielder.

Paul Stefani said: "I know nothing about a new offer. But of course, the interest from Everton hasn't suddenly come out of thin air."

Defour added: "I don't know about a second bid (from Everton). But an earlier offer was certainly made. Now it's up to the two clubs to discuss it."

Tribalfootball is the BEST EVER. But they got quotes from peoples this time, so might be true for once???

Standard Liege director Pierre François has confirmed that his club has received a €15m bid from Everton for midfielder Steven Defour.

Despite acknowledging the offer to be 'pleasing', the director has insisted that it won't be accepted and ruled out the possibility of their highly rated Captain being sold as the Belgian club prepare to embark on their first ever Champions League campaign, having failing to progress past the third qualifying round last season.

Sources (Not in English):

Royal Standard de Liege - Officiële Site - Nieuws

sporza: Standard: "Defour is niet te koop"

Belgiumsoccer.be - Voetbalpassie op het internet - "Defour is niet transferabel!"

Standard Liege director Pierre François has confirmed that his club has received a €15m bid from Everton for midfielder Steven Defour.

Despite acknowledging the offer to be 'pleasing', the director has insisted that it won't be accepted and ruled out the possibility of their highly rated Captain being sold as the Belgian club prepare to embark on their first ever Champions League campaign, having failing to progress past the third qualifying round last season.

Belgiumsoccer.be - Voetbalpassie op het internet - "Defour is niet transferabel!"

At least that proves Moyes has some transfer money to spend. At least enough for one big name signing and hopefully enough to find that pesky RB.

So we've got circa £15m at least.

Now let's hope this has absolutely nothing to do with The Lescott money. If it hasn't, and Joleon goes, Moyesie should have around the £30m mark. Nice!

Unlikely too :lol:

He's ours! Hand him over you Belgian ****!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back