Homepage Article Duncan Ferguson Autobiography

In his first spell he gave the club a lift at a time when we were as low as we could get. We stuck by him when he went down and through his 1 game ban.
After that first season I can`t remember any high moments outside of him blatantly smacking someone and getting sent off. The final straw for me was his sending off v Charlton a couple of days after the tsunami. 2 nil down, he came on with about half an hour to go, and first challenge elbowed a Charlton player and we were 2 down with 1 men.
He came back cap in hand to get his coaching badges when all the cash he sucked out of the club ran out, and put out cones for several years before going out and trying to make a living away from us.
Not in the slightest bit interested in his book of hard man stories, but there`ll be plenty that will.

[Edit] You can pre-order here;

I’m sure I lent the unofficial one to @AndyC - written by a self confessed red but that’s not what you think and is a good read.

I’ll be interested to read this.

Many autogiographies involve a professional writer helping the subject with phrasing, structure etc. Stories will still be directly from Dunc and with his approval on the finished book, unlike abiography which can be written without any willing participation or approval by the subject
That's not an autobiography, that's a ghost-written collaborative memoir - in the same vein as Hunter Davies's Rooney book 'The Way It Is'. That too was not self-written (which is the stamp of an autobiography).

I loved him because the RS both hated and feared him
But they still won stuff whilst we didn’t so not sure they feared him that much, he had a more impressive record of injuries and ill discipline them he did performances and goals. On his day virtually unplayable but unfortunately that was too few and far between.

I wonder if he tells the story about how he picked up a table at FF canteen and threw at a feller for merely doing his job?

What a laugh.

1000013005.png

Can’t understand why you wouldn’t read this book because you don’t like Duncan Ferguson, I read lots of autobiographical and biographical books on people who I don’t necessarily like. It is the story they tell which is interesting and readable. Nice people tend to write boring books. Furthermore I don’t care if he lauds BK in this book, that is his opinion, I am not going to change my opinion of BK because a former footballer says so.

This.

Ive only read two ex Everton players autobiographys. Reids and Pat van den hauwes. Neither had me itching for more tbh. Not a slight on them. Just find them a bit dull.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back