2022/23 Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair I said this before we even signed him.

What can he offer centrally? He scored that great goal against us whilst playing centrally, he played centrally in his debut against Kiev and also scored the goal combining with Iwobi from a central position.

What McNeil is good at is quick 1-2s, putting balls around corners and shooting around the area. What he is not good at is taking players on or using both of his feet (he is very one footed.)

He is never a traditional winger.
He was playing left midfield when he scored that goal against us. Albeit he was on the right at that moment.

Looked such a bizarre signing at the time - I don’t think he was anywhere near the top of the list for attacking players that Lampard wanted. Just available and little up front payment fitting into the budget. This signing will be the one that costs Lampard his job, we’ve left ourselves with no productive players in the final third. And we’re stuck with him on a 5 year contract.

Looked such a bizarre signing at the time - I don’t think he was anywhere near the top of the list for attacking players that Lampard wanted. Just available and little up front payment fitting into the budget. This signing will be the one that costs Lampard his job, we’ve left ourselves with no productive players in the final third. And we’re stuck with him on a 5 year contract.
He is only 22. Let’s hope he can learn how to play footy in the 5 years he is here :Blink:

He's had a couple of games now to lay a marker to the manager and say "I deserve to be in the side"

He's done absolutely nothing but show he hasn't got the stomach needed to be a top flight player.
He's shown exactly what i thought he would, a bang average footballer.
He has a better return already this season than the whole of last and he's hardly started a game, so imo he's not underperforming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back