2024/25 Dwight McNeil

Another mistake by Dyche was putting Mcneil in central midfield and Ndiyae on the left...Mcneils game is based on first time crosses and long shots...put Ndiyae behind the striker ffs!

He had more touches than anyone on our team today, made more key passes than anyone on the pitch (Spurs included) and more accurate crosses too.
He was dreadful. Dyche often talks about xG and other statistics, but the eye test doesn't lie. And this isn't just based on one game.

I would go as far to say, the worst starting winger in the prem

No other attacking player with such a poor output plays as much as he does. I can't stand his head down style which either results in him running backwards or into opposition players. Should be an absolute priority to get him out the team but Dyche doesn't see it.

Yeah we'll definitely lash him on the wing mate.

But that's us all over.

My point was we only have two natural wingers really.

From the limited minutes we've seen of Ndiaye and Lindstrom, I'd say Lindstrom looks like he could work from wide right and have the freedom to come in from the touchline.

Ndiaye looks like a fish out of water the way we play our left winger and he 100% needs to be behind the striker.

It would be a huge understatement if I told you I've got massive reservations once again on the recruitment of Thelwell and where he actually seen these players getting selected for. Very similar when Danjuma signed and Thelwell saying he's perfect for a, but and c and Dyche with a short line or 2 about how he'll offer us something different....knowing he had no intention at all from moving away from the Mcneil/Doucoure/Harrison trio.

There's a huge disconnection, it's blatantly obvious between Dyche and Thelwell and the question is who is pushed first.

Another mistake by Dyche was putting Mcneil in central midfield and Ndiyae on the left...Mcneils game is based on first time crosses and long shots...put Ndiyae behind the striker ffs!

I actually think Mcneils best position is in that 10 role. I think that's where we might get a tune out of him

Problem with that is we've just signed 2 number 10s and also Dyche seems to think Harrison makes a good back up 10 before trying anyone else.

The recruitment is woeful and then the management of the players recruited is even worse.

I actually think Mcneils best position is in that 10 role. I think that's where we might get a tune out of him

Problem with that is we've just signed 2 number 10s and also Dyche seems to think Harrison makes a good back up 10 before trying anyone else.

The recruitment is woeful and then the management of the players recruited is even worse.
IMG_9042.jpeg

Two years to get to number 4 isn’t bad going

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back