2024/25 Dwight McNeil

I actually think Mcneils best position is in that 10 role. I think that's where we might get a tune out of him

Problem with that is we've just signed 2 number 10s and also Dyche seems to think Harrison makes a good back up 10 before trying anyone else.

The recruitment is woeful and then the management of the players recruited is even worse.
He is really not a number 10.

At this point surely he goes for a box midfield?

...................Pickford

Dixon..Tarkowski..Branthwaite..Mykolenko

............Garner...........Iroegbunam

............Lindstrom.......McNeil

.........................Ndiaye

. .......................Beto

He is really not a number 10.

Sorry I should have worded what i meant better - in an ideal world I wouldn't have him anywhere near the club. He is 100% one of the worst wingers I've had the misfortune of watching play for Everton. He wouldn't look out of place in League 2/Non League football.

BUT...whilst Dyche is here and still in charge, Mcneil will be getting a game nearly every single week and as that's the case, I'd rather see him in that 10 position than out wide on the left.

So, is he a 10? Nope you are absolutely correct. But given the choice of left wing or as a 10, I'd have him there where is he at least within shooting distance every now and then

At this point surely he goes for a box midfield?

...................Pickford

Dixon..Tarkowski..Branthwaite..Mykolenko

............Garner...........Iroegbunam

............Lindstrom.......McNeil

.........................Ndiaye

. .......................Beto
Squeezing 4 players in a 25 yards radius is not going to solve our problem.

Just sign a proper winger ffs

I thought he made some tremendous mazey runs with the ball, skipping past opposition players effortlessly. Covered some yards, totally in control of the ball.
Must be a world record for yards traveled whilst dribbling towards your own goal. If only he could do the same towards the opponents goal.
its is truly shocking that he cant use his right foot for even the simplest of passes, I bet even you could use your swinger every so often BlueinNZ?

its is truly shocking that he cant use his right foot for even the simplest of passes, I bet even you could use your swinger every so often BlueinNZ?
Its rare at this level of the game to see a player who is so one footed like him. I do think if he was to be sold tomorrow he ends up in the Championship, no other PL club is coming in for him imo.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.