2024/25 Dwight McNeil

Hes been failed by previous coaches who A. Never developed his right foot. B. Told him to be a winger in the pl you need to be quick and be able to beat a man. Should have been converted to a full back when he was in his teens

Too slow to be a modern day full back and at some stage in your life you've got to take ownership and say to yourself "maybe I should work on using my right foot".

Hes simply just a bang average footballer whose made an absolute killing income wise by carving a PL career for himself from the massively limited skillset he has.

Its all of the recruitment team, Thelwell is just the guy who builds the actual team and signs off on things, Dan Purdy and the scouts are the ones who actually identify the players, you have to wonder if they actually watch the first team then think some of these players are really suitable.

You probably know more than me, but from his recruitment and being a complete weasel writing notes when he was next to the 777 lot makes me think he’s a grifter.

You probably know more than me, but from his recruitment and being a complete weasel writing notes when he was next to the 777 lot makes me think he’s a grifter.
I'm not a great fan of his tbh and I don't think him and Dyche are on the same sheet either. DoF never works unless you actually let them pick the person they want to work with so that there is continuity in the setup. Our board has always overridden the DoF with this sort of stuff.

Hes been failed by previous coaches who A. Never developed his right foot. B. Told him to be a winger in the pl you need to be quick and be able to beat a man. Should have been converted to a full back when he was in his teens

Agree, but even then he's that slow he'd be a bottom third of the league type GB and still require a manager who was super defensive.

Slowest player I can remember playing on the wing

Too slow to be a modern day full back and at some stage in your life you've got to take ownership and say to yourself "maybe I should work on using my right foot".

Hes simply just a bang average footballer whose made an absolute killing income wise by carving a PL career for himself from the massively limited skillset he has.

The only saving grace is I think he's only on about 25k per week so is shiftable on post Dyche.

Pace and incision we can only dream of.

I dunno, it's almost like we've had a directive from successive DOFs to buy slow average players. Even when we had cash.

Was Walcott our last genuinely pacy signing? Lookman maybe.

So many plodders.
attempting a through ball that was absolutely never on, al because he had to check back onto his left AGAIN was bad enough, standing around then doing a stupid little hop he does often when if he just closes down the CB the counter is snuffed out before it starts was unforgivable.

Fraud of a player

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back